Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well since there was a lot of talk with putting 4" intake on our cars instead of others then here it is.
in reference to My 4" intake project/testing begins - V6 Performance.net Forums

cost of parts (shipped)
1. 4" aluminum pipe $28
2. 3to4" coupling $17
3. K&N filter $40 (your price will vary depending which filter you will pick)
4. 45 degree 4" silicone coupling $13
5. 3" tbolt clamp 2.20(bought 2 for $4.40 shipped but only used one)
6. 4" tbolt clamps x4 $11
total: $111

Parts:
4" aluminum 90degree mandrell bent tubbing
4" 16 ga. Mandrel Bent Aluminum 90* Tube / Tubing Elbow | eBay
or
Aluminum Elbows: 90 Degree Elbow Mandrel Bend, Polished Aluminum

1 Ft. Mandrel Bent Aluminum 90° bend - 4.0"

i believe it needs to be 4" pipe with 6" radius of the bend

depends if you want to powdercoat it later or not will depend what finish you will want

4" K&N filter. you can pick whichever one you want. if you gona do CAI there is a lot of space in wheel well so you can order filter thats probably 9" high. i got K&N
K&N RF-1032 Universal Air Filter | eBay

4" coupling 45 degree bend (get it from wherever if you want different colors, i got cheapest option.
4" INCH 3-PLY 45 DEGREE ELBOW TURBO/INTAKE PIPING SILICONE COUPLER HOSE/PIPE RED | eBay
you gona need only one to make CAI

and 4 and 3" pipe clamps (3" will go on your throttle body and 4 on pipes)
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

TB coupling
3" to 4" Straight Reducer Silicone Coupler Black/Red | eBay

there are plenty of options on color and stuff, you can get brand name once but its just a coupling. you can get one at home depot too

now once you get all that here is fun part of cutting
cut one end of pipe about 2.75" (you will have to measure and test fit). other end of pipe you gona cut about 6", this end will go into 45 degree coupling, you gona use that 6" peice for filter. one end will go into filter and one into 45 degree coupling. you might need to cut that part depending how high you want filter to sit in foglight wheel well. i still have to pull my bumper and adjust it. you can even use that 2.75 inch piece from other cut as coupling between 45 degree coupling and filter and use other 6" if you want to have option of SRI for future

current pic

here is how filter sits inside wheel well. its little at the angle but its fine.

there might need to be some kinda support for pipe but i have to work on it. it sits fine without any support right now.

any questions please ask me or Cubanob247

sound is great. specialy around 3 to 4k in high gear (going 40mp and shifting into 3rd or 4th so rpms dont build up too fast, creates very deep nice sound

·
Registered
843 Posts
Are you still using stock mounts?

Does the intake bang around at all when the engine moves?

·
newbies here!
455 Posts
I want this! can you post a video for the sound? do you have a dyno before this intake?

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first post has link to dyno thread done by another member. check those numbers.

like Duck said. it sound deeper then v2 but couldnt really tell couse he has exhaust as well so hard to compare when i drove his car yesterday and he drove mine

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you still using stock mounts?

Does the intake bang around at all when the engine moves?
what stock mounts? no it doesnt bang around. its sits pretty tightly in there without any support but i might make up some kinda mount or support bracket

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like this will be my second mod. Looks great! Did you take any pics of the complete setup out of the car?

Also if I go short ram, do you feel like there is enough room where the K&N would fit where your red coupler sits?

I'll take measurements, but want to see what you have noticed.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Mine will be more complex than this but all one piece and go from 4" to 3"

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
So not only does it beat v2 in power it beats it in sound. I think 9 out of 10 of us get v2 cause the sound puts the icing on the cake (including myself) So this is just pure win for the v6p enthusiastic members, who look for power n a fierce sound behind it. I will be doing my own setup soon

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
only thing im thinking is ports on this intake for that head pressure relief? i know K&N has it and comes out of black of the cylinder head. or maybe just get small catch can and route both heads to it and have it as that. would it be ok or honda designed it with specific idea of some kind?

·
Registered
146 Posts
I can't see why/how running an Oil Catch can setup would be an issue, but you could always drill and tap a hole on then intake, then thread a fitting, and then clamp the hose to it.

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
reason i dont want relife lines going into intake is couse i seen how dirty and oily intake runners are so im asuming its from oil and egr. so i want to keep intake nice and dry

·
Registered
146 Posts
IDK how much oil gets through on the Jseries motors, on my turbo mach 1 and my cammed C5corvette, I had oil catch can setups, but even then the amount of oil that actually got through to the intake wasn't a lot. Then again this is a completely different platform. I'll probably toy around with a nice catch can setup, but really you'd have to find the ideal spot to mount one, and probably fabricate the bracket for it, etc.

It's worth the work though if you go the catch can route and plan on doing the power adder later.

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there is nice spot on engine right near throttle body and i think catch can comes with bracket. question on that is i seen them on ebay for like $20 or something. is it really worth getthing fancy once or its really just a jar to collect oil and you pay for brand name really

my friend is selling his srt4 now and wants to get c5, his other friend just got c5 and another one already has cammed c5 z06. but im not giving into it. need practical car for now

·
Registered
146 Posts
I haven't seen any actual kit kits made for the Jseries 3.0. So it might come with a bracket but you may have to weld or figure out how to mount it.

The ebay ones, I used on my cars, didn't have an issue. I didn't use the hoses that came with them though, I converted to -AN fittings and ran stainless steel lines on each setup, I like a clean, well thought out look to my engine bay's.

Yup, I'd still have my toys but I'm getting divorced, so I need to save money now .

·
Registered
611 Posts
Priced this out at $70 w/o hose clamps.

I'm about to jump but I don't know if I have the necessary tools to cut this without butchering it. What's a good way to do that?

Also any follow up on the exact measurements?

1 - 20 of 141 Posts