Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Eclipse navi. Idk if all navis are this way but this thing doesn't let me put in a destination unless my car's in park and OFF. It's quite annoying having to pull over just so I can get a destination input. And it's freakin hot since my AC is off while im putting my destination in.

Does anyone know how to disable this useless mod?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Im sure its somewhere on the internet, search around. But yea, that would be the first thing i would fix if i ever got one of those things... Im sure its not that hard, but it might involve putting a switch in.. hmmm...

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So ground the parking wire instead of wiring it to the parking wire? Because the parking wire is tapped to my car's e-brake wire as they told me on the manual. If I groudn this, I can get around that stupid mode?

·
My car's a pervert too.
293 Posts
Yes, I have an eclipse navi but this is true with almost all screens.. They only let you use it when the parking break wire shows a ground so if you ground that parking brake wire from the head unit it should allow you to watch video and program navigation at anytime. The one suggestion I do have is to put a switch on the wire. Some head units may require you to "reset" the parking break from time to time (mostly pioneers in my experience) and a switch on the parking break wire makes this very helpful.

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
Yes, just ground it and done.

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
Not needed, as already mentioned a few times its a simple grounding of the brake wire.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Put a switch on it because everytime u cut the car off its is going to pop the warning screen up, but with the switch u can jus wait five seconds and flip it and ride. I had it on my old screen and it works great just a simple toggle switch.

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
Theres no point in a switch, its going to do the same without and save the trouble/time of flipping it.

·
Registered
12 Posts

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
1,454 Posts
I have the bypass done on my pioneer d3 but the warning message pops up every time I start the car, but it doesnt really bother me that much. Good luck.

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
I found this seller on ebay who claims he can bypass the navigation without using any tools or whatevers. I hate how my navi doesn't allow me to input addresses while I am driving. What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Lexus-Eclipse-Navigation-Bypass-and-Override_W0QQitemZ200188369277QQihZ010QQcategoryZ38653QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Why pay for something that is free? :confused:

Toyota and Lexus vehicles are all equipped with Eclipse navs, so nothing special there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts