Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I got my rear "H" emblem jacked, so now instead of getting another H badge, I was thinking of just filling in the two little holes. Does anyone know how to do it? Ive heard of taking it to a professional, but thats too expensive for me. (also i tried searching but couldnt find anything)

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
it probably wouldnt look as good, but you could bondo it, maybe from the back even, then sand it flush, and use touch up paint. but really, it wouldnt look as good as getting it done professionally. maybe have em shave your doors at the same time? haha

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ yeah that doesnt sound that bad, but im just looking for something to make it look good for now. So best bet for now is using bondo to fill the lil holes? Anyone done this before?

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
If you still have the little plastic post inserts you can put a little modeling putty or bondo in them, then sand them down flat and use touch up paint. I did this when I first took my "H" off and it looked pretty good. You could still see them but just barely. A friend told me he thought they were some kind of a remote trunk sensor when he first saw them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AZ-V6-Hybrid-
How much did you have to sand/paint? Id probaly be doing everything with touch up paint so Id want to keep the area as small as possible. How hard is bondo to work with?

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
03pcoupe said:
AZ-V6-Hybrid-
How much did you have to sand/paint? Id probaly be doing everything with touch up paint so Id want to keep the area as small as possible. How hard is bondo to work with?
I just filled the little plug with putty, waited for it to harden then sanded the surface till it was a flat as I could get it. After I painted them and let em dry for a couple of days I just popped em in the holes and bingo. I don't know if all models have these little inserts. I know mine only had them for the two posts on the rear "H". If you've lost them with the emblem they can be had at Honda for about a buck a piece.

·
I hate my Ford
664 Posts
what does it cost to have ur emblems shaved anyway

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AZ-V6-Hybrid-
So you didnt actually sand on the trunk itself, just the little plugs filled with bondo? Do you have any pictures of how it turned out? Does rain get into the trunk? Thanks a lot for the info.

·
Stalls @ every light
586 Posts
03pcoupe said:
AZ-V6-Hybrid-
So you didnt actually sand on the trunk itself, just the little plugs filled with bondo? Do you have any pictures of how it turned out? Does rain get into the trunk? Thanks a lot for the info.
I could only find one good pic. You honestly can't even make out the plugs. Maybe if you zoom in you can just barely make them out. I have since black-chromed my emblem and put it back on. The plugs are water tight. They have a little bit of foam around the base and fit very tight.

·
Registered
571 Posts
A lot of things work, but if you want it done the right way on either small or big holes on your vehicle that is on a metal piece, the proper way is to weld it and sand it flat then prime and have the body shop paint it. The short cut is to put a filler and bondo and then paint it... hehehe but bondo shrinks and i've seen an NSX get repaired, and the previous body shop coudln't tig weld and did a short cut and just put a bunch of bondo on the first accident, and then it got hit in the same spot and this time my father's body shop had to get all of that bondo off and repair it the right way by tig welding it and then repairing it.

Trying to learn to weld... lol... the last thing that i'm missing...

Larry

·
Registered
170 Posts
...what part of town do you live...jacking a plastic Honda emblem...cmon man atleast jack a benz emblem or something...some ghetto ass people these days.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
id love to be able to take the car to a body shop and have them paint everything, since I have also have scratches on the side of my car, but I cant afford it. Does anyone know of someone who can do a paint job/repairs for cheap?

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
DV8 said:
Tooth paste

hahaha- thats what i used to do in my college dorm rooms with the bigger holes... toothpaste for the walls and peanut butter for any wood. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts