Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and searched and there is not a single member that started a thread on "how to install honda engine mount"

So i have a question? What are some steps i need to follow to install my engine mount. Anyone have any instructions on how to install honda engine mounts?

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
first of all you gonna need jack and piece of 2 by 4 to support the engine from the bottom (oil pan) front i tricky side is easy rear is PITA at least on my CL but its should all the same. cold beer is must some tools like couple wrenches like 14mm sockets 14mm, 17mm or 19mm and extension... you need to figure it out or ask somebody for pages from helms manual have a buddy to help you

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first of all you gonna need jack and piece of 2 by 4 to support the engine from the bottom (oil pan) front i tricky side is easy rear is PITA at least on my CL but its should all the same. cold beer is must some tools like couple wrenches like 14mm sockets 14mm, 17mm or 19mm and extension... you need to figure it out or ask somebody for pages from helms manual have a buddy to help you
Roflll Cold beer? pshh No problem! very good strategy!

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
When Me & uncle installed my mounts, we didn't use jack or even put car on lift. Facing ur engine bay, we removed mount on left first, then replaced. Then removed mount on right, replace. Then removed back mount and replaced..but I'm just gonna verify with him if he had jack under car and I just didn't acknowledge..I don't want ur motor to fall while installing or something

·
Czechopino
2,377 Posts
The V6 mounts are shyte and they go out early on these cars. I replaced mine at 110,000 miles.

Most common symptoms are clunking when accelerating from a stop in drive or reverse and excessive engine movement.

P.S. The auto transmissions are shyte also so that's why I went with stock replacement engine mounts to not stress the transmission more during shifts.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre 2 using Forums

·
CLS 6MT 3.5psi
108 Posts
When Me & uncle installed my mounts, we didn't use jack or even put car on lift. Facing ur engine bay, we removed mount on left first, then replaced. Then removed mount on right, replace. Then removed back mount and replaced..but I'm just gonna verify with him if he had jack under car and I just didn't acknowledge..I don't want ur motor to fall while installing or something
i didnt say lift the car i said support the engine just in case it needs to be raised or lowered to fit the mount the bolts

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
the rear is a ***** todo just cuz you have to take it from up top. Everything else should be easy just do it one at a time.

·
Registered
809 Posts
curious as to what alternative to OEM mounts are out there...? or let me rephrase that, what are you guys running and what are your opinions on them.

·
Registered
490 Posts
^ XLR8 or Innovative Mounts .. I would recommend anything over 75a bushings.

60s break .. I know first hand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts