Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
don't i need to blug the hole that i take the hose off of and if i do then plug it with what?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
air breather

PFizzle said:
It supposed to go next to the valve cover but the hose that goes into the valve is connected to the intake so i need to plug that hole but if i don't then i will just put it on without plugging the hole off the intake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sketch o5 said:
whats the purpose of the breather?
The purpose of the breather is to let more air into the valve then the hose can put in. if u don't know what i'm talking about when i say air breather then look it up and when you see it you will know waht i'm talking about. I was told to get it when i purchased the intake because they said it is usally a good accesory for the intake.

·
Shes like the wind
1,094 Posts
Hmm....I read about this somewhere that the oil/air breather does more harm than good. There must be a reason why none of the members have it in car. But I don’t know anything.
So good luck with the mod, tell us how it goes.

·
Red FoXX
422 Posts
The hose that connects from the valve to the intake is used to put the exhaust gases that build up back into the intake. I had a brether filter on my 88 legend. The only reason to do this is if you dont hav an outlet on your aftermarket intake to plug the hose into or you dont want the exhaust gases to go back into your intake. The stuff that comes out from the valve is pretty dirty. After i took off the hose on my legend there was a build up of a grease/ oil-like substance on the intake. The other reason to get a breather filter is to keep all that dirty gunk out of your intake. Thats why some people use oil catch tanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts