Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys..
i wanna move the "H", "accord" "v6" emblems and make it a perfect curve.. any1 nos how to do it clean?! i heard wen u take them off, it mite come out as 2 different colours since that area has never been exposed to sun light..
nybody else done this before?! :confused:

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
well i dont know if the 7 gens are the same but my 5gen "H" emblems when you remove them from the back there is like a double sides tape that gets left on and there are 2 holes where the emblem pops into the lid. So i imagine if you remove that you will have 2 holes showing and you will have to scrape up the tape somehow so it wont scratch.. like i said i dunno if they are the same but thats what i can figure.. the others will probably have the same thing

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
and whats so funny about that.. Im sorry i dont have Paint shop pro to make cool custom sig pics like everyone else

·
I ♥ My Honda
1,891 Posts
whats even funnier is the phrase "I think deep down everyone has a little rice in them" and then looking at his cardomain page.

·
SIR Bound....Slowly
711 Posts
that phrase is directed toward those who rag on japanese cars but try and "Rice out" their Ford Pickups and other domestic vehicles

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
say hello to angels..
4,491 Posts
you're gonna have to either go to a body shop and ask them to cover it up and paint it...which will cost you HUNDREDS of dollars

....or you could paint your emblems lol

i painted mine black...it'll look good, do it :up2:

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BlaCCord Guy said:
you're gonna have to either go to a body shop and ask them to cover it up and paint it...which will cost you HUNDREDS of dollars

....or you could paint your emblems lol

i painted mine black...it'll look good, do it :up2:
REALLY??! just for covering those 2 holes...?! hundreds of dollars?! thas wack!! y so much...?! :rolleye2: :confused:

·
darkside / gen7accord.com
1,071 Posts
my trunk was also damaged from the whole "roof jumping" incident so it was repainted anyways =) not sure if they have to repaint the whole thing if it's just the holes.

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
took em off w/ my nails. Do it over summer when car been sittin under the hot sun. Makes it lot less painful and alot easier to do.

On my NBP accord, i took off the ACCORD and the doubleside tape was still on the emblem, so i put the ACCORD on my cubby door.

The 6MT... was a diff story, the tape stuck on the car -___- so I had a lot more scrubbin to do. I ended up puttin the red V6 on my cubby door.

·
1,071 Posts
SlayerGTR said:
took em off w/ my nails. Do it over summer when car been sittin under the hot sun. Makes it lot less painful and alot easier to do.

On my NBP accord, i took off the ACCORD and the doubleside tape was still on the emblem, so i put the ACCORD on my cubby door.

The 6MT... was a diff story, the tape stuck on the car -___- so I had a lot more scrubbin to do. I ended up puttin the red V6 on my cubby door.
a heat gun will also help =)

on older cars, the glue that they use to keep it attached sometimes warps the paint underneath. not sure if that still happens now, but my 1993 integra had that problem.

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Blizzard said:
the two holes should be welded shut by a body shop

omg DUDE this is SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKK :eek: :eek: :eek: jus wut i wanna do....
how much did that cost u if u don mind?!
tnx

·
1,071 Posts
clubbinto said:
omg DUDE this is SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKK :eek: :eek: :eek: jus wut i wanna do....
how much did that cost u if u don mind?!
tnx
it was free

I was getting my roof and trunk fixed because of vandalism, and the body shop did it for me for free.

So I can' t tell you how much, sorry =(

It was free because of the overhead costs were already there for my roof and trunk paint, thus they just welded the holes shut and shaved it clean for me.

·
ClubbingDirectory
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oic.. did they repaint the whole trunk ?!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts