Accord V6 Forum banner

Was this Helpful?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a total guide to how to take off the stereo on your honda accord, i did it because i needed the serial number to it, so i can get the code, Honda dealership wont give out the code unles u have the serial code, so i had to take it off, some cars have the serial code written in the glove compartment , my car has it, but this car that i had to take off the system did not, i did it on my bros 02 ex av6 6 cdchanger , but it dosent matter wht year and model, i did same thing in my 00 av6. well here it goes : enjoy :)

Here are the tools i used
(2) knifes
(1) Helix Screwdriver
(1) 8-7 mm socket with extender

The stupid CODE mesage u get when u try to steal ur own stereo

First thing you wanna do is take of then two lower screws at the bottom of the panel

Then you wanna take 1 knife and wedge it under the clock display, and take another knife and wedge it on the other side, this way, you can pull it out, if its not going, try to wedge it a lil harder from the bottom

Then when u get it out, take it out slowly so u dont yank out the power cords, take it out, and disconnect the wires, from the display, and put it aside

Then you want to unscrew the bolt thats right in the middle fo the thing

After you unscrew the bolt put both of ur hands underneath the cover, and pry it up, if it dosent go, use the screw driver to realease the clips

Take the cover off, and aslo take it off slolwly, there are wires connected, take em off.

Put it aside with the clock display

·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
About now u should have something that looks like this

Now you need to unscrew 2 bolts on each side

Use a screwdriver, or a 7-8mm socket

Now pull out the stereo

The code will be right on the sticker

Now call up your local dealer, and get the code!!

If you need directions, on how to put it back, contact me, please tell me if it in anyway helped you, i would like to know if there was any sense of listing this, now thank you for reading and ENJOY!!!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
damn this is a very nice and very descriptive write up. Keep up the good work! :up2:

BTW: I wouldnt encourage people to use a knife to pry, a small flathead does the job :D

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Haha...that poll @ the top reminds me of Microsoft Support and Dell Support...

"Was this information helpful?"
No, biatch, my sh*t is still broke! <-- except that's never a choice...

Good writeup! Now there should be no more "ahh help! i can't take out my stereo!" threads. When I saw that picture of your phone and I hadn't read the caption yet...I was like :eek: this guy knows how to get your radio code over the phone! That would be sweet if there was a number where you could text it your serial and they reply with your radio code...hehe.

·
Pedal damn it
3,913 Posts
Good info for the uneducated ones. :gapteeth:

Btw, sig restrictions are 550x200. You are over the limit. Please resize it properly.

·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a total guide to how to take off the stereo on your honda accord, i did it because i needed the serial number to it, so i can get the code, Honda dealership wont give out the code unles u have the serial code, so i had to take it off, some cars have the serial code written in the glove compartment , my car has it, but this car that i had to take off the system did not, i did it on my bros 02 ex av6 6 cdchanger , but it dosent matter wht year and model, i did same thing in my 00 av6. well here it goes : enjoy :)

Here are the tools i used
(2) knifes
(1) Helix Screwdriver
(1) 8-7 mm socket with extender

The stupid CODE mesage u get when u try to steal ur own stereo

First thing you wanna do is take of then two lower screws at the bottom of the panel

Then you wanna take 1 knife and wedge it under the clock display, and take another knife and wedge it on the other side, this way, you can pull it out, if its not going, try to wedge it a lil harder from the bottom

Then when u get it out, take it out slowly so u dont yank out the power cords, take it out, and disconnect the wires, from the display, and put it aside

Then you want to unscrew the bolt thats right in the middle fo the thing

After you unscrew the bolt put both of ur hands underneath the cover, and pry it up, if it dosent go, use the screw driver to realease the clips

Take the cover off, and aslo take it off slolwly, there are wires connected, take em off.

Put it aside with the clock display

·
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
continued

About now u should have something that looks like this

Now you need to unscrew 2 bolts on each side

Use a screwdriver, or a 7-8mm socket

Now pull out the stereo

The code will be right on the sticker

Now call up your local dealer, and get the code!!

If you need directions, on how to put it back, contact me, please tell me if it in anyway helped you, i would like to know if there was any sense of listing this, now thank you for reading and ENJOY!!!

·
___
4,751 Posts
eugene3524 said:
hey its 550-210 so its not a bifg deal
It's a 550x200 limit, not 550x210. If it's not a big deal, then change it. If you don't want to change it, we'll remove your sig. If we start letting these things get bigger than the limit, then everyone will take advantage and they'll become huge like they were before we disallowed sigs.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts