Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, still trying to figure it all out. I know that I can get the front lip here in north America for my 2006 sedan, but what abt rear and sides? anyone have any hook ups?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
it wont fit. The bumpers are different. If you want the Inspire or ANYTHING inspire, u'll have to do a conversion. I think someone on here has the conversion along with the headlights.
 

·
Super Villain
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
No one has the Inspire conversion. There are a few people with the Inspire headlights. and 2 people with the Asian Accord bumper.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
well the headlights, bumper, fenders, and grill is the most they can do. Maybe i shouldve specified by conversion i meant just the front.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
Fuggedaboutid said:
Hi folks, still trying to figure it all out. I know that I can get the front lip here in north America for my 2006 sedan, but what abt rear and sides? anyone have any hook ups?
where can you get the front lip??? i've been looking everywhere for a 06 sedan front lip with no success...
 

·
Sponsored by my bank acct
Joined
·
229 Posts
There will never be a front lip for the 06 sedan, ever! ;)

I have Mugen sides and rears coming in May and it's going to look retarded without a front lip. Hopefully by the end of summer RonJon will have completed the bodykit for the 03-05 coupe so that I can purchase the front bumper.
 

·
Super Villain
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
I'm in the process of getting the Mugen front lip. I can't use the sides or rear since I have a coupe. The Modulo front lip will not fit the 06 sedan. The USDM and Inspire bumper has a slight difference in it that won't let it fit without modification.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
moistener: said:
There will never be a front lip for the 06 sedan, ever! ;)

I have Mugen sides and rears coming in May and it's going to look retarded without a front lip. Hopefully by the end of summer RonJon will have completed the bodykit for the 03-05 coupe so that I can purchase the front bumper.
I think there are several afterrmarket lip options you have for the sedan. Alternatively, you could probably use one of the currently available coupe lips with some modifications if you're really in the need. Any bodyshop worth its salt can perform minor modifications like that required to retrofit a coupe lip onto a sedan bumper.

Don't bother waiting for the RonJon kit, even if the design is hot. Some have been waiting since last summer for the kit and it's still MIA. Besides, that's not a lip kit, it will be a full bumper replacement front and back. I'm waiting for it too, but not holding my breath, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
APOLLON said:
I think there are several afterrmarket lip options you have for the sedan. Alternatively, you could probably use one of the currently available coupe lips with some modifications if you're really in the need. Any bodyshop worth its salt can perform minor modifications like that required to retrofit a coupe lip onto a sedan bumper.

Don't bother waiting for the RonJon kit, even if the design is hot. Some have been waiting since last summer for the kit and it's still MIA. Besides, that's not a lip kit, it will be a full bumper replacement front and back. I'm waiting for it too, but not holding my breath, though.
has this been done before? the front lip of the coupe covers over the fog light enclosures, and the coupe's and sedan's fog lights are different.
 

·
Sponsored by my bank acct
Joined
·
229 Posts
You're right APOLLON, it's been 7 months since RonJon proposed the coupe bodykit, who knows for sure when it'll be completed. I believe he said he'll start this summer; however, the pricing is a major turn off.

7thGenVillian, I know you took measurements of the 06 bumper when you tried to determine if the Inspire fog lights would fit. How much different is the bumper from the fog light cutouts down on the 06 accord and Inspire. I guess what I'm trying to ask is if I were to purchase the Mugen lip, do you think it would work to my advantage modifying it (cutting down excess material) or disadvantage (bondo and painting) because I know the lip hugs around the fog cutouts. Lastly, is the kit polyurethane?
 

·
Super Villain
Joined
·
1,284 Posts
The measurements I took were about a good few centimeters off. As in, the 06 bumper fog cutouts were wider but not narrow. The lip is made up of ABS Plastic.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top