Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have been wondering for a good long time on how much my car puts down to the wheels. lately all dyno shops has been closed for the winter season. so i wont b dynoing til spring.

I drive a 2007 accord v6 auto with, injen cai, megan 2.5in hi flow third cat, GReddy Evo2 exhaust 2.25in, ur pulley, thermal block intake mani gasket and p2r thermal block spacer for the throttle body. Cna any one give me a rough estimate of how much hp and tq i hav to the wheels????

thanks

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
All depends on how much power your auto tranny decides to rob. Prob about 200-205 HP and about 175-185 TQ. Also depends on what dyno your talking about. Thats prob with a dynojet. Just making a assumption. I have a apexi neo for sale that was used for about 4 months and still has plastic cover over the screen. I'm looking to get about $225 shipped for it. It gave me about 10hp and 9tq to the wheels on my accord. You can even adjust vtec engagement with it. Only downside is that you have to reset your cars computer each 2 weeks because it will start to detune it if not.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Well, that's just a guesstimate. And you have to realize, with an auto tranny killing about 20% of your power output, stock you'd be putting down approximately:

190whp
170wtq

I would think you'd be higher than 205whp but 185wtq sounds somewhat reasonable. The hard thing is, you can go get a dyno done, but without a baseline to compare it to, it's sort of meaningless IMO.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
yup...honda sucks, always will. Go buy an STI today!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Our autos seem to rob more than normal but thats just numbers. Don't go by the numbers. On the dyno I put down 214hp and 183tq before my J33 build and I ran 13.9 at 101mph. I will find the time slip and post it.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
also with a tune wouldn't you see some good gain?
Definitely. What I wish we had was some R&D in regards to whether a fully bolted Accord V6 6MT would benefit from lower the vtec engagement point.

When I had my RSX-S, Hondata did a ton of research and found that with just a CAI and their generic Hondata tune, they could lower vtec engagement from 5800rpms to 5200rpms, and make 95% of peak torque at 2500 rpms as opposed to like 50-60% of peak torque in that range by adjusting fuel curves, ignition timing, etc...

It's almost impossible to tell if we would benefit from a lower vtec engagement point...it would be nice if we had the R&D because if we were able to lower the vtec engagement point and it was proven to make power by doing so, our power band would get that much "fatter."

Think about it like this - on my RSX-S, stock vtec engaged at 5800rpms, fuel cut off at 8200rpms.

With Hondata and a CAI, vtec engagement was lowered to 5200rpms and fuel cutoff raised to 8600rpms (still made power that high up in the rpm band). That's an additional 1000rpm's worth of power band. Now, a lot more went into it than simply changing vtec engagement (I alluded to fuel curves, ignition timing, amongst other things) but still...le sigh, I don't think we'll ever really know for sure.

·
resident noob
480 Posts
on another note, what do stock 6 speeds tend to dyno at? 215ish?

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
on another note, what do stock 6 speeds tend to dyno at? 215ish?
Typically (and this is not to say its always the case) manual transmission's lose approximately 15% through drivetrain loss.

So 240 x .15 = 36
240-36= 202whp

That is just a rough estimate. I'm sure we have some peeps that have done stock dyno runs and can give real world numbers, that is just based on the typical 15% drivetrain loss usually experienced with manual transmissions.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts