Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I'm sure that there is an electrical problem, but I'm not sure what it could be exactly, here is what happened:

I start up my car... and there is a hum coming from the right side under the hood of my '99 accord. I think oh great, A/C maybe...

So I go down the road... engine is purring just fine... and then all of a sudden... the battery light comes on... the brake light comes on, and the lights that tell me my doors and trunk are open turn on! Car still runs fine... A/C test out okay, no acceleration of the hum when revved....

So I think it's either the alternator, or I'm going insane! Anyone ever have this problem?! A thousand thanx to anyone who can help!

-Kilroy

·
Registered
655 Posts
^ what he said. I Changed mine before there were bigger problems. As soon as I heard the humming, i ordered a new one. Better get it changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx fellas. Yeah, I was thinking it might be posterior to the alternator, but there isn't anything there that could hum. Gonna get on it tomorrow. Thanx again!

·
Registered
655 Posts
Believe me, alternators kinda tend to hum/buzz a little when they are ready to give up. I check this out with 3 dealers and the first thing they all told me was the alternator. Get that swapped ASAP cuz i remember reading about someones Alt going bad and ****ting a lot of other electrical stuff, relays.. some things like that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts