Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought an 04 coupe, v6, 6 speed car a few weeks ago. Well I already had a double din ready to go along with a mount for it. So I installed the double din below the stock radio where the pocket originally goes. I used the correct mount and T harness for it. So I go to take a drive that night and my lights behind the radio and hvac controls were not working. Now from searching around here and on other forums I've seen that these are a common issue. But one thread I found said that when installing an aftermarket radio they won't work unless you wire it a certain way. Seeing as how I didn't even have it for a full day before doing the install I have no clue if the radio install caused this or if this was just the way it was when I bought the car. Just looking for some advice as to whether I need to rewire something or if I need a whole new stock radio/hvac. Thanks in advance!

I have cross posted this in multiple forums and so far no one has any answers for me and it's driving me crazy lol. I've searched and searched and searched and can't find any solid answers.

This is the post where a guy is talking about having to wire the orange illumination wire to the red constant...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
J30 LSD
797 Posts
Sounds like you’ll need to get a hold of a wiring diagram to pinpoint the designated circuit that illuminates your screen setting indicators. I cannot advise you on the what wires to look for, unpin, or splice into. If I were you, I would verify that the factory radio illumination features still work on the center module after you uninstall the aftermarket unit and replug everything back. If this is indeed a common disabling issue after linking up an aftermarket radio, then I would look into either splicing or rewiring where appropriate in order to send voltage to where it was originally intended. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts