Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this saturday i am going to a motorsports 1/4 mile track here along with my friend's Camaro Z28,and couple other peeps... :D

i am pretty excited about running my car there. since its my first time ever racing on a sactioned course :eek:

i am going to do the usual prep stuff like adjusting air pressure, removing any excess weight, etc...

right now my car has all the bolt-ons minus cams, and i am running full Mobil 1 5W-30 with a Mobil 1 Oil filter, and also a trannycooler.

I also don't have any resonators,premufflers,or the catalytic converter. :boo2:

any other tips or advice on getting a good 60" time ?

Right now my major problem is traction, even with the huge 235/45/17's i am still having a hard time getting out of the hole with out huge wheelspin :(

like i said, i would appreciate any suggestions in order to get a good time.

i am hoping for atleast low 15's......

:confused:

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
put stock 15's or 16's back on. low profile tires are bad for 1/4 mile launching since they don't flex nearly as much which is what makes wheelspin hard to control. Oh and run your car a quart low on oil to gain another 5-10hp. :gapteeth:

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Steve i hope you are kidding about the oil part. :p

but i am serious on getting a good time for this car.

Another tip i learnt is to run the car on 1/4 or quarter of tank of gas which will help the weight transfer a lot. :)

i also seafoamed the engine tonight, and changed the oil agian, and it feels smooth as buttah :D

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:smack: :smack:

so silly this is my 6Gen AV6.....

the vette is what i get if i graduate from college :up:

·
"Certified Hybrid Killer"
5,056 Posts
Lxcord said:
^ Steve i hope you are kidding about the oil part. :p
No I wasn't. That's part of how the Japanese were dancing around SAE test specs and "tweaking" a little more power out of their engines. Less oil in the way = less fluid drag on the engine and apparently won't do any harm. :p Might only want to run it a half quart low though, because if it's too low your VTEC won't kick in and then you'll run a 17 soemthing. :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
G.L. bro. Could you list your mods for me? I'm curious to know what you have bolt ons, and what you'll run so I can get a feel for mine. I'm headed to the track in the next couple of weeks myself and I want to know what to be prepared for. Thanks man!

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
SteVTEC said:
No I wasn't. That's part of how the Japanese were dancing around SAE test specs and "tweaking" a little more power out of their engines. Less oil in the way = less fluid drag on the engine and apparently won't do any harm. :p Might only want to run it a half quart low though, because if it's too low your VTEC won't kick in and then you'll run a 17 soemthing. :D
Yeah its funny how they did that. Interesting how the domestic manufactuers seemed to not have done that. Basically you don't want your crankshaft to dip into the oil that and oil foaming.

As for traction, less air pressure will help, I guess those stock TL tires just don't give as much traction as they age and harden. There is some sticky stuff that you can buy and put on the track and your tires to help with traction, I merely heard of this and have no idea whats its called.

Yeah you should see me take off with my stock 195's as old as they are :rolleye2: wheelspin :burnout:

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Timmybighands said:
G.L. bro. Could you list your mods for me? I'm curious to know what you have bolt ons, and what you'll run so I can get a feel for mine. I'm headed to the track in the next couple of weeks myself and I want to know what to be prepared for. Thanks man!

thanks man
:cool:

my engine mods are a stock airbox(gutted)with PVC intake tube/ K&N Filter, Top-Speed SS Headers, NGK Irdium plugs, CL-S Mufflers with custom piping, and finally my custom straight pipe for the cat.

i used to run a Megan Crank pulley before, but i had some kind of squeeling noise with the gator belts, so when i tried switching belts to a different brand, the noise still persisted, so i had to take it off :(

·
Registered
582 Posts
Lxcord said:
thanks man
:cool:

my engine mods are a stock airbox(gutted)with PVC intake tube/ K&N Filter, Top-Speed SS Headers, NGK Irdium plugs, CL-S Mufflers with custom piping, and finally my custom straight pipe for the cat.

i used to run a Megan Crank pulley before, but i had some kind of squeeling noise with the gator belts, so when i tried switching belts to a different brand, the noise still persisted, so i had to take it off :(
Awesome man! That's my setup almost EXACTLY. Stock box gutted..., headers, plugs, thermal R&D exhaust, pulley. LMK how your runs go man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts