Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i just got some money like $1000 dollars i am buying cams for $175 what else should i get with the left over money.........................look at my profile to see what i already have :D

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
looks like you got most of the bolts on already.. all i could think of is nitrous, port & polish, or Unichip with the money you'll have left over.. im sure other members will think of other mods you can do though

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Champaned_out said:
looks like you got most of the bolts on already.. all i could think of is nitrous, port & polish, or Unichip with the money you'll have left over.. im sure other members will think of other mods you can do though

i thought about port and polish but i would like to learn more about what it does to our cars power wise but there is not that much info on here about that

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NexsoN said:
tit is time! JL w6 and 500/1 amp. and a custom box built by me, lol
i dont know if that would bump hard enough for me, in my last car i had 2 rocker fosgate 12's in a glass box pushed by a 1200 watt amp

·
Registered
34 Posts
Pistons. Definately. 9.4:1 sucks. And a piggyback fuel controller, like unichip. Seeing has how you posted this in the performance section, I would assume you're talking about speed, not audio?

·
aka XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
489 Posts
JL w7 and 10001/1 amp for a bit over 1k if you really want it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Almost any aftermarket piston manufacturer will custom make you some pistons. I like JE, from what I have seen. I have no personal experience though. I would recommend 10.5:1... 02AV6 is running 11:1 Acura RL pistons on his setup though, on 9lbs of boost, so you might be able to go even higher than 10.5:1. I plan on doing '03 CL-S heads later this year, also something you might look into. Just depends on what direction you wanna go with this, my friend...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fakese7ens said:
Almost any aftermarket piston manufacturer will custom make you some pistons. I like JE, from what I have seen. I have no personal experience though. I would recommend 10.5:1... 02AV6 is running 11:1 Acura RL pistons on his setup though, on 9lbs of boost, so you might be able to go even higher than 10.5:1. I plan on doing '03 CL-S heads later this year, also something you might look into. Just depends on what direction you wanna go with this, my friend...

sounds good do you have a link for there website, and what kind of increases do these make

·
Registered
34 Posts
The reason I said 10.5:1 is because this is the compression ratio that the stock 3.2L CL type S runs... it makes about 270 horses at the crank. With your bolt-ons and the 3.0 Liter block I would say it is safe to assume you would make close to 270 with your setup and a fuel controller. The website is www.jepistons.com, although the piston manufacturer is entirely your choice... but then again, I come from the civic camp. I used to have an SI, and all my buddies used JE pistons, to get some really good numbers, so I am kinda partial to those guys. 10.5:1 is a safe compression ratio for N/A and supercharger. This is likely the pistons that I will be using later on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is also assuming you have the balls to take off the heads and oil pan and do-it-yourself. Otherwise, expect to dump more cash on labor :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts