Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought some KYB AGX Gas shocks. I need to know what kind of camber kit to buy. i have been searching but don't reallly know the diff b/w a good one and a bad one. Any suggestions? I offered someone 400 for:

Included is the K-Sport inverted mono-tube coil-overs(they have 4 inches of adjustable height and 36 different levels of dampening)(retail-$1200), camber kit(which replaces the rear and front upper ball joints)(retail-$350), new OEM front lower ball joints(retail-$30), and new OEM inner and outter tie rod ends(retial-$60). All this will fit a "94-"97 Honda Accord or a "97-"99 Acura CL.


help me.


SUp Maicow!
Cmurda
 

·
JB4 e92
Joined
·
5,224 Posts
Sup Chris, I see your sister around the gym every once in awhile. :D

c-murda said:
So i bought some KYB AGX Gas shocks. I need to know what kind of camber kit to buy. i have been searching but don't reallly know the diff b/w a good one and a bad one. Any suggestions?
You might only need the rear camber kit depending on how low you drop the car. The ones I have are made by SPC (link) but it looks like the ones for your year only come in a complete set.

c-murda said:
I offered someone 400 for:

Included is the K-Sport inverted mono-tube coil-overs(they have 4 inches of adjustable height and 36 different levels of dampening)(retail-$1200), camber kit(which replaces the rear and front upper ball joints)(retail-$350), new OEM front lower ball joints(retail-$30), and new OEM inner and outter tie rod ends(retial-$60). All this will fit a "94-"97 Honda Accord or a "97-"99 Acura CL.
If they agree to the price, it's a pretty good deal depending on the brands and condition. The problem is, (from what I remember) you have coilovers on it right now and you don't need shocks (unless they are just sleeves). I would check out what you have first to figure out if you need all this extra stuff too.

It's nice to adjust the height with coilovers, but you've driven/rode in my car before and it's a firm ride with what I've got. If you're not concerned with adjusting the height, then just add some nice springs (TEIN, Eibach, Neuspeed, H&R, etc) to your shocks.

:up2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the ride on my car blows donkey di*k so i figured why not go and buy some new ****... i bought the shocks already so thats done. If they sell me offer with coilover and camber kit should i take it? If i don't what type of springs do you think i should get? I am not concerned with adjusting the height and **** that much just havin a nice smooth ride, and grip to the road muahahahhahaha!

lol
 

·
JB4 e92
Joined
·
5,224 Posts
c-murda said:
the ride on my car blows donkey di*k so i figured why not go and buy some new ****... i bought the shocks already so thats done. If they sell me offer with coilover and camber kit should i take it? If i don't what type of springs do you think i should get? I am not concerned with adjusting the height and **** that much just havin a nice smooth ride, and grip to the road muahahahhahaha!

lol

If you don't want to adjust this and that, then just go with these .
 

·
JB4 e92
Joined
·
5,224 Posts
c-murda said:
i think i want coilovers.... how about these
Wayyy too expensive for what you want to do. Trust me, just go with the KYB AGX's and a set of nice springs. Coilovers are too much for what you're trying to do and usually ride quality is worse than springs.

c-murda said:
and i was thinking about getting THESE.
Not bad. A lot of people go with the ones with white/black corners too. Good pick. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
clean2draccord said:
Wayyy too expensive for what you want to do. Trust me, just go with the KYB AGX's and a set of nice springs. Coilovers are too much for what you're trying to do and usually ride quality is worse than springs.



Not bad. A lot of people go with the ones with white/black corners too. Good pick. :)
ericspda said:
Those coilovers are ALOT... you might want to consider something cheaper, since i doubt youre going to regreat it... Say the $600 range. Then get the headlights and hids with the savings
I took your advice just bought a set of springs. Tein S-Tech Spring

The housing is 180 with the amber side off ebay and i can't find it anywhere else. Any help? It is the JDM version

There is another set for almost the same price but is the SiR version. Any reccommendations or what people?

C
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Screw EBAY......get it from the manufacture if you want to make sure its the TRUE product.
 

·
JB4 e92
Joined
·
5,224 Posts
c-murda said:
The housing is 180 with the amber side off ebay and i can't find it anywhere else. Any help? It is the JDM version

There is another set for almost the same price but is the SiR version. Any reccommendations or what people?

C
I like the ones you found on eBay or the SiR headlights. :up2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
clean2draccord said:
I like the ones you found on eBay or the SiR headlights. :up2:
me too i liked the original ones i found on ebay. the only problem is teh auction ended. It included the HID conversion kit as well as the black housing for the lights with the side amber.

the other auction with the SiR lights was approx same price and consisted of the black housing with either clear or black side, and yellow 9006k bulbs. there was no HID conversion kit.

Is it necessary to have the conversion kit?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
clean2draccord said:
You can always buy it down the road you go with HIDs.
ya i am trying to get this guy to sell me the black housing kit with the amber side and the HID conversion kit for 180.

what bulb is best to go with? i like a clean looking color...you guys know what i am talking about...

c
 

·
JB4 e92
Joined
·
5,224 Posts
c-murda said:
what bulb is best to go with? i like a clean looking color...you guys know what i am talking about...
I would probably go with a 6000K set. They look similar to the Acura TL OEM HIDs. There's a groupbuy going on right now here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
clean2draccord said:
I would probably go with a 6000K set. They look similar to the Acura TL OEM HIDs. There's a groupbuy going on right now here.
appreciate it mang imma see if he can hook me up with some lights!!!
 

·
JB4 e92
Joined
·
5,224 Posts
c-murda said:
i finally got my new shocks and springs they just came in the other day~!!~

c
Make sure you get an alignment after you get those put on. If you're getting a camber kit wait after you put that on too. :up2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Usually camber kits are not needed. I am slammed on skunk2 pro-s. I've been running this set up for over 2 years with no camber problems. Its usually toe/caster that causes uneven tire wear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JDMCircle said:
Usually camber kits are not needed. I am slammed on skunk2 pro-s. I've been running this set up for over 2 years with no camber problems. Its usually toe/caster that causes uneven tire wear.

i already have camber problems...lol

i will be getting a camber kit too

thnx


c
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top