Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been a long road traveled but I am done. I lowered my car with and Eibach Pro-Kit and KYB GR-2's. Who ever said that this was easy must of had some air tools and a lift because this was not very easy. My hands are killin' me right now, I can barely type this up.

I went from a 4 finger cap in the front to a 2 finger gap. I will take some pictures and post them as soon I as get them taken. I will also let you know how she drives when I do that later on today.

Thanks to everyone on the board that helped me decide what to get to drop my ride with!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrads! car must handle great. im about to do the same but im getting kyb agx shocks. Question did you need to cut the bump stops or not

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So... The reason picks are not up is because uhhh.... Yah my car totally crapped out on my in a suspension sort of way. Apperently my CV Boots where crap in the front and the rear sway bar was damaged somehow during installation. Long story short I am paying out my *** to fix it. It should be done tonight I hope or tomorrow... Dang I hate stuff like this. Everything that has to do with suspension should say "CAUTION"... I will get the pics as soon as I get my ride back from the shop. :) It better handle like a dream!!!!!! Thats all I have to say!

I did not cut the bump stops... It was like millimeters so I didn't think it would bother it. So, anyone else have an idea about this one? That is a great question! The Eibach spring installation says to do that, anyone? ::shrug::

·
Registered
86 Posts
i cut my bump stops and it rides great except for that strut on the rear right. i called today and the company is sending me a replacement, hopefully that fixes my problem, has anyone else received a defective strut from kyb?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I got the car back from the shop and the shop guy said that you should not cut the bump stop. So mine is not cut. I noticed driving my ride home that it is not very bouncy but not very stiff. Seems like a decent combination. The back went down to 1 finger gap and the front is at 2 fingers. I am not sure if that is normal with the Pro-kit but it was a tad odd. The back now needs some new camber bolts because it is like 1.3 degress off when it should be about .8 so I dunno what to do about that. They said they could do it for 80-100 bucks. Anyway I will post pics as soon as I get the camera from my sisters place tonight. Then you all can see it!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that is what I thought.
Then I looked at Mastadulog's ride and it has the same kinda deal with the front being higher than the back, so I assume it is normal with a Pro-Kit.

Does anyone with my similar drop need the camber adjusted in the rear? Seems crazy to me.

Something I noticed yesterday is that when I go about 60mph I am getting a *woosh* *woosh* sound coming from the front right. I have always gotten this noise, not sure if it is normal or my tires. I had both CV boots replaced. Its been aligned. I dont know what it could be.

·
Large Member
505 Posts
Tekron said:
doesn't look dropped that much.... especially in the front... doesn't look bad though I don't think
That's normal with the Pro-Kits. Mine is the same way. It'll settle a bit over time but the front will always look taller than the back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
if u want ur tires to last you should get a camber kit...iam gettin all my suspension tommoro hopefully i got some agx's, skunk2 coilovers and ingall front camber kit...oh yea dont forget about the washer trick in the for the rear to change the camber. so all you would need is a front camber kit..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yo whats this washer trick in the rear to change the camber. so all you would need is a front camber kit.....qikslvr537? How many washers do you need ? and what size washers? and whats a good camber kit to get?

-b-

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks man!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I went to have my rear camber adjusted and the mechanic said why do you want to do that? I said cause it would eat my tires up faster. He said well it is not that important because BMWs come stock that way and that it would be around 400 to have it done. So I am at a lost here. Should I adjust my camber when it is only about 1 degree off or is it not worth it? It has been about a month now. I know there is some people here that have my exact drop, did you guys get the rear camber adjusted? Maybe know of a cheap place to get new rear camber adjustments? Any help I would appreciate. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts