Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE!!! (1/30/2011) Finally fit all four battles on chek last page for an HD quality pic:up:...

This is what happens when you let pride and persistance get the best of you! LOL. Ok guys so i bought some 17x9.5 +15 MB Battle Wheels. I dont have a before picture of how they looked on the car with the tire but i can tell you that they stuck out ~2 inches from the factory fender. So basically what i did was space out the front fenders and roll them...not as easy as it sounds :up:. BTW I am only running ~1.3 to 1.5 degrees of negative camber.

Why did i do it you ask?? simple as this is my RACECAR and looks is not my number 1 priority.. function is!

Also i was originally running 17x8 +45 TL wheels with these same 245/40/17 slick tires. So my gain here with this mod is an extra 1.5 inch footprint on each tire and and extra 4 inches of trackwidth on the front!!:bowdown: I will be testing this new setup 0ct 23rd at homestead race course a week from today.

Nehow on to the pictures. IMHO it does not look as bad as i thought gives a bit of a mean wider body look. Still a work in progress i have a couple little things i will do here and there to make it look a bit more like a factory setup. I welcome any brutality you might give for criticism :bonk:.

This is a pic of the distance from the nut on the CV axle in the left front Hub to the outer lip/tire. It is 3.5 inches so you can get an idea of how concave these wheels are.

·
NC Fresh
2,071 Posts
thats what i ment*** my fault... so will +22 still stick out so much??? cause that looks crazy... but i hope your track times drop!!! FTW

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i ment*** my fault... so will +22 still stick out so much??? cause that looks crazy... but i hope your track times drop!!! FTW
ye these wheels are +15 offset 17x9.5...the interesting thing here is they stick out 2 inches in the rear also but there is 2 inches clearance on the inside to the shock strut...so theoretically with the right offset running 9.5 inch wheels in the rear would fit perfectly within the bodylines.....but i will be running 17x10 inches in the rear:bowdown::bonk::up:

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
if the tires are the same width... how does the wider wheel increase the footprint? Aren't you just stretching the 245 width tires wider at the wheel yet the amount of rubber contacting the ground stays the same?

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if the tires are the same width... how does the wider wheel increase the footprint? Aren't you just stretching the 245 width tires wider at the wheel yet the amount of rubber contacting the ground stays the same?
with the 8 inch wheel the tires were squeezed a bit not allowing the full contact patch now the tires are flatter and surprisingly enuf they are still not stretched to the limit of the contact patch ...they are actually still squeezed a very small bit...it looks to me like having a 10 inch wide wheel is the perfect fitment for these tires...i will do this in the rear

·
Registered
299 Posts
well i dont undertstand why u moved the fender over 2 an inch... its not really successful fitment... but hey its a track car anyway right... like it... arent you worried that teh fender might fly off with the wind getting under it??

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i dont undertstand why u moved the fender over 2 an inch... its not really successful fitment... but hey its a track car anyway right... like it... arent you worried that teh fender might fly off with the wind getting under it??
lol no way if the fender flies off i have bigger problems... i still have all the factory bolts in place just spaced out. and i wouldnt call it successful fitment hence the title "I MADE IT FIT LOL":up:

·
Registered
479 Posts
isn't that a little less aerodynamic now? lol....

why not just roll the fenders or leave em poking?

·
2013 Honda Accord Sedan E
312 Posts
NO! :bonk: no str8 line for me..the twisties is what i live for! hahaha:bowdown:
Alright my friend when business allows me to make it to Miama, we will have race to figure out what you will do. Oh and I would bring the F body. So basically just forfeit. Lol. But in all seriousness you would lose, and I would have no way to bring my stuff back to NC. :bonk:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts