Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
haha I think it looks awesome! do you have the same size in the rear as well?
the rear wheels are on the way i just wanted to buy 2 of them to test fit but yes i will be putting the same size and style wheels in the rear...but they stick out 2 inches as well so i will be bangin out the quarter panels!:banghead: lol dnt worry it will look factory i promise all of you :up:

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
isn't that a little less aerodynamic now? lol....

why not just roll the fenders or leave em poking?
it may be a bit less aero but i dnt know yet i have to test it on the trak n give you feedbak...n i need them to tuk becuz during agressive cornering they will rub for sure if they r poking remem this is function...it is still a work in progress

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Alright my friend when business allows me to make it to Miama, we will have race to figure out what you will do. Oh and I would bring the F body. So basically just forfeit. Lol. But in all seriousness you would lose, and I would have no way to bring my stuff back to NC. :bonk:
lol well idk how much ur american muscle weighs but i have stayed with or beat a few 400 plus wheel horspower cars from a 40 roll so bring it! lol but on a serious note we r def gonna race the accord when u come down n hopefully its soon

·
2013 Honda Accord Sedan E
312 Posts
lol well idk how much ur american muscle weighs but i have stayed with or beat a few 400 plus wheel horspower cars from a 40 roll so bring it! lol but on a serious note we r def gonna race the accord when u come down n hopefully its soon
Haha, 428rwhp here and from a dig you have NO chance at all. Maybe on the track but most likely not. I would drive the accord or the FJ down though I was only kidding

·
Registered
843 Posts
You ever think about cutting those fenders and slapping on some flares?...probably be a little more aerodynamic on the course.

·
2013 Honda Accord Sedan E
312 Posts
I know Paul. If none of these suggestions work you can always add a wing from a drag car you know the 6ft tall ones, then we can take abs plastic and mold it around the edges of your car so it just sits on the ground all the time once that's done we can install a mtx jackhammer subwoofer to add a few extra hundred lbs of weight since I hear that helps when racing. Haha. I mean damn, im sure he is capable of figuring it all out but some of the ideas have been intelligent thus far.

Anyway, like I said 12 seconds or else....

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Man if I had any money I would. Definitely some other time though for sure. How often do you run it at the track?
i am down at the homestead course every 2 months...spectators enter for free so all you would have to do is pay for gas lol...and i thought most people in florida hav friends or relatives in dade or broward county...(i kno it sounds crazy but most people i talk to know someone who lives in south florida..:up: idk it must be the weather)

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You ever think about cutting those fenders and slapping on some flares?...probably be a little more aerodynamic on the course.
i dnt wanna take away to much of the factory look on the exterior...and the flares will add weight

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
UPDATE!!!! Im in the beginning stages of fitting the rear wheels on its about time i know but here are some progress pics

Basically just yankin out the quarters. i drilled the spot welds to separate the inner quarters from the outer then pulled the outer out from underneath and rolled it out....i am smoothing out the metal so it will no longer be distorted and wrinkled like you see in the picture...yea it takes time but hey thats part of the fun so you dont get bored :up:...oh and i do all the work and planning myself no help from anyone until it goes into the paint shop

·
FG4
2,274 Posts
whoa, if you can make that look pretty, even more props :up:

·
Slammed & Stunning
3,496 Posts
Oh my.. what happened.. couldn't you just have someone pull and roll your fenders..
Im planning on running 18x9.5+9 or 19x10.5+29 in the rears..
I hope it doesn't look like that! Lol

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Oh my.. what happened.. couldn't you just have someone pull and roll your fenders..
Im planning on running 18x9.5+9 or 19x10.5+29 in the rears..
I hope it doesn't look like that! Lol
wow thats some big wheels! lol...i doubt it will look like this...i had to separate the inner quarter from the outer...you can only pull and roll the joined inner and outer so far before you need to add material...i just separated the two and cut out a portion of the inner so the wheel can tuk way in there if needed during suspension compression

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
both sides are shaped... gonna do some minor welding (not me) work FTL...then go to the paint shop real soon!!

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Why so much work just to run 245s? Have you calculated scrub radius?
well my wheels are +15 offset so they stick out past the fender wells. And i have not done any testing with these wheels yet i will get back to you on that.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts