Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get my exaust system installed tomorow and I need to know something. Should I go 2.5" or 2.25" pipe from the cat? Secondly when It splits shouls it split to 2-2.25" pipes or 2-2"piping to the muffler? Thanks.
Also what are the dementions for the piping on the Magnaflow cat-back and the borla?

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
The muffler shop told me if I plan on doing a lot of aftermarket performance parts to do the 2.5" piping now. But if your going to be conservative, then stick with 2.25.

My setup is 2.5" piping all the way back. Then 2.25" piping after the split to 2.25" Inlet/outlet Magnaflows.

He also said the sound will be louder with 2.5" as appose to 2.25.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
relentless said:
The muffler shop told me if I plan on doing a lot of aftermarket performance parts to do the 2.5" piping now. But if your going to be conservative, then stick with 2.25.

My setup is 2.5" piping all the way back. Then 2.25" piping after the split to 2.25" Inlet/outlet Magnaflows.

He also said the sound will be louder with 2.5" as appose to 2.25.
Relentless you have the magnaflows as well....does your set up sound nice at low rpm but at anything over 3000rpm the exaust goes quiet? Mine does and I was wondering if it's because of the magna's or becaus eof thew big as$ resonator they put on(it's 2 feet long..:confused: ).
I like the look and the sound of it just a little too quiet after 3000rpm. Thanks.

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
They put on a 2 foot resonator? Thats huge! Mine is only a 12 inch and I had the catalytic removed. The sound is perfect. The exhaust does quiet out towards the higher RPM's though which allows for the engine to scream.
I think your resonators are too big. See if you can get 12" ones instead.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts