Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just ordered DF210 tanabe lowering springs for my 04' V6 coupe. first of all, i don't know much about suspension components. I hear all this talk about getting camber kits and also, some suspension setup doesn't require camber kits. I need someone to clarify this camber kit thing, cuz it's really expensive to get these kits. do you have to get the camber kit if your getting lowering springs? thanks.

·
b20vem1
626 Posts
it really depends on how low you go on your accord. but for sure since you have springs you should definetly get shocks. camber kits confuse me too but as long as you dont really turn fast.

·
Registered
603 Posts
df210, i highly recommended camber kit, df210 is the lowest drop, it's 2.0+ inches.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
from my personal experience ... i recommend getting a rear camber adjuster. when i installed my comptech springs, comptech rear sway bar and koni shocks, my spc rear camber adjuster helped in fixing my rear tires not to look like this --- > / \ ...

·
Registered
351 Posts
You will need a rear camber kit with almost any lowering springs available for our cars unless you want to chew up your rear tires in a hurry. Basically, a camber kit keeps your back wheels from going from this angle |---| to this angle /---\ by creating extra adjustment. I believe the rear camber spec for our cars is -1 to -1.5. When I installed H-techs my camber was out to -3. By not getting shocks you are already cheaping out, and your tires (and handling) will suffer the consequences when your shocks blow in a month or two. Don't cheap out completely unless your tires are A. indestructible, or B. you like buying tires every other month and don't care about handling.

Bottom line:
Get a camber kit, and start looking at shocks.

Springs are only a couple hundred bucks, but suspension mods are not as cheap when they are done safely and correctly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
flyvtec said:
from my personal experience ... i recommend getting a rear camber adjuster. when i installed my comptech springs, comptech rear sway bar and koni shocks, my spc rear camber adjuster helped in fixing my rear tires not to look like this --- > / \ ...
so the rears mostly have camber issues? not the fronts? whts the best camber kits available? i've heard of ingall and spc so far. thanks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lilfotoman said:
depending on how low u drop.
according to the specs, it says 2 inch front and around 1.8 rears. maybe i should talked to a honda dealership if it affects the cambers? but it probably does.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Read my post. You WILL need a camber kit, no question. I was on h-techs and konis on the -7mm perch that my camber was all the way out to -3 in the back. Honda will not know, they will say not to modify the suspension, except with honda parts. The only drop you might not need a camber kit is the one with the oe replacement springs (h&r I think) that lowers less than an inch in the front. Even most of those with the HFP kit needed a camber kit, which was made for our cars and honda says you don't need a camber kit with. The camber in the front is not affected that much so you will only need the rear camber kit more than likely, although, again, there is no question that you WILL need the rear camber kit. This has been discussed in detail on this forum and others, please use the search function.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
yahookendogg said:
so the rears mostly have camber issues? not the fronts? whts the best camber kits available? i've heard of ingall and spc so far. thanks.
in my case, yes. i got a 4-wheel alignment after my spc rear camber adjuster was put on and everything looks good. :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
flyvtec said:
in my case, yes. i got a 4-wheel alignment after my spc rear camber adjuster was put on and everything looks good. :D
I've had my ingalls kit on for a little under a year w/ no problems. It's a solid kit.

1,221 Posts
go to firestone tire for alignment cuz you can get a lifetime alignment program for like $170.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Again it all depends on how low you go. If it is in fact a 2" drop, then you will need a camber kit on the back at least. From what I understand, our cars can go fairly low in the front withouth the need of a camber kit. I am on Eibach Pro Kit and Konis on middle perch. A 4 wheel alignment got me back to stock specs without a camber kit. My set up only dropped me 1.5" in front and about an inch in the rear though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Knale said:
Again it all depends on how low you go. If it is in fact a 2" drop, then you will need a camber kit on the back at least. From what I understand, our cars can go fairly low in the front withouth the need of a camber kit. I am on Eibach Pro Kit and Konis on middle perch. A 4 wheel alignment got me back to stock specs without a camber kit. My set up only dropped me 1.5" in front and about an inch in the rear though.
hey i looked at your ride and i really like that drop. maybe i should just resell my tanabe springs and get the one u got. is there a big difference in suspension specs for 06' and 04's? i don't want to spend too much on camber kits.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
camber kits are cheap. and you will regret it if you dont get a set of rear camber kit... how else will you get your allignment done without adjusting rear camber with a drop.

·
Registered
281 Posts
nighthawk04v6 said:
camber kits are cheap. and you will regret it if you dont get a set of rear camber kit... how else will you get your allignment done without adjusting rear camber with a drop.
If he keeps the Tanabe setup, I agree, he will need a camber kit. If he decides to go with a milder drop (anything less than an inch in the back) he will probably not need it. My ProKit/Koni setup aligned easily back into spec without a camber kit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
yahookendogg said:
hey i looked at your ride and i really like that drop. maybe i should just resell my tanabe springs and get the one u got. is there a big difference in suspension specs for 06' and 04's? i don't want to spend too much on camber kits.
I looked at the site where I bought the Eibachs... Same exact part number for the O4' and 06'. Basically same car with minor changes. Probably same result.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts