Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi V6P,

Well recently I was driving my car and I noticed that my subwoofer was not working.

I rarely turn on my system now because quite frankly it sucks.

My old setup had an equalizer that was powered by an amp which my rear speakers were wired to and the subwoofer had its own amp.

Then I got a new double din dvd player and I lost the rear speakers and equalizer setup.

And then it was just the subwoofers and front speakers.

And now the passenger front speaker is fried and just the driver front speaker works and no subwoofer.

My amp doesnt even have a power light anymore and I know that it isnt blown because I dont even turn it up loud. Its an Eclipse subwoofer so its already loud already.

I took a look at all my wiring and nothing fell out of the power block. I checked like 9 fuses through the car and nothing was blown.

What the heck is going on?

Any advice would be awesome

-Tony

·
THLA 2009 Bombsquad
9,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*Updates*

So the other night I took apart everything and looked at it carefully.

I decided to change out the fuses for the system and the fuse that leads to the battery.

This is where I ran into a problem, I found another fuse sitting in my garage and changed the fuse that runs to my battery. I connect the wire to the fuse and BAM, it sparks up. I disconnected the wire from the battery and put the fuse back and then BAM, sparks again.

Does anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Can you get yourself a DMM (digital multimeter)? You need to test for shorts. If you put the DMM in continuity with ground, start checking areas where you suspect a short, either at the amps or speaker locations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts