Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed infinity reference speakers 6 x 9's in the back, 6.5's in the front and and alpine 4 channel amp. im getting 75 watts rms on all channels and when i put the volume up the back speakers make the back panel where the speakers sit rattle and it distorts th esound, it vibrates alot back there, the speakers are secures on the back tightly and idk y it vibrates/rattles so much.

does anyone know what i can do to eliminate the vibration? thanks

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a 1/4 when it starts to rattle, even less when i play cd's lol its more than just high volumes

·
j35 psi 6sp
1,375 Posts
how do you have the crossover set? try to eliminate too much bass and it will sound more crisp and clean. let subs do the bass work :)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the filter is off
frequency is 60Hz
gain is nom (im assumin is zero)
bass eq is on

what confuses my is that my brothers stock system in his 04 camry is stronger than mine (in terms of mine) but does not rattle like mine does, is there anything i can buy that will eliminate the vibration?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
If you get vibration at 1/4 volume something is up.

I have 100 watts a channel on my stock speakers and nothing vibrates at any volume.

·
hmmm what next?
2,785 Posts
i would check the speaker mount for loose screws you could also try putting ring of insulator around the speaker mounts to keep things from rattling.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i would check the speaker mount for loose screws you could also try putting ring of insulator around the speaker mounts to keep things from rattling.
i did put a ring of insulator around one of the speakers, but it did nothing to help, i bought the insulator from lowes and it said its shock absorbing, but it didn't help one bit, my speaker mount screws are in very tight and do not move out of place at all. ill try to videotape the rattling, maybe you guys will be able to hear it and ill prolly set a quarter on my back panel so the vibration can be more noticeable.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
there are a lot of wires and also your trunk springs connected to your rear deck. that's probably what's rattling. put some dynamat (or something similar) on it. i even put strips of it on my trunk springs.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there are a lot of wires and also your trunk springs connected to your rear deck. that's probably what's rattling. put some dynamat (or something similar) on it. i even put strips of it on my trunk springs.
i think im gonna try the dynamat stuff. how much did it cost you do do the back panel of your car?

·
Registered
642 Posts
the filter is off
frequency is 60Hz
gain is nom (im assumin is zero)
bass eq is on

what confuses my is that my brothers stock system in his 04 camry is stronger than mine (in terms of mine) but does not rattle like mine does, is there anything i can buy that will eliminate the vibration?
Sound deaden as everyone else suggested.

Turn the filter on.

Setting the frequency to 60hz doesnt do anything if the filter is off.

Try turning the bass eq off and increasing the volume. Your overall volume should be higher now.

Decrease the gain in the rear so the front speakers are doing more work. The 6x9's are more sensitive anyway and are probably louder with the same gain levels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Proud new owner of an 05 6-6 and first time poster. I know this thread is a bit of a dinosaur but I was just wondering how the dynomat worked out since I'm having the exact same problem with my polk audio 6x9s vibrating, even with the stock head-unit at moderately low volume...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts