Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been wanting to turbocharge my 03 accord v6 but ever since reading that the manifolds are welded on I've been kind of drawn away from it. I know for the most part everything to turbocharge a v6 7th gen accord has to be custom since I am unable to find a bolt on kit. Any suggestions on where to start? Did anyone ever make an adapter for the exhaust manifold to be able to mount a turbo? Any info that can point me in the right direction would be helpful. TIA:up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
no off the shelf turbo manifold is available for our cars. i have seen 2 turbo'd 7gen but both had one off custom made manifolds. if you want boost the only real options use superchargers: the comptech m62 kit for the 04 tl or the prank parts m90 adapter

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen some m90 superchargers on 7th gen accords but did were they ever able to close the hood? All the videos and pics i've seen the supercharger sits high and the hood isn't able to close.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've seen superchargers with plenty of hood clearance, but the battery has to be relocated to the trunk. Which is a good mod anyway for weight distribution.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
got money? you can make anything happen. My old car before I sold it, then it got totaled buy the new owner... manifold was custom made and so were the rest of the parts. running cost was like 3-4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6s1bM3M_Hw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjbT8nn4Jas

that sucks bro!!! your old ride was so clean. at least it wasn't yours anymore and someone else totaled it.

what are your future plans, another 7th Gen.? something different?

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
I bought an rsx. It cheaper to mod lol

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Comptech s.v not worth it. Only the rotrex is worth it

·
Registered
456 Posts
Don't even bother with the supercharger route...at least for any of the M series chargers. If anything do the rotrex. I had the m90 and it was a pain. After that setup I went the turbo route and it was much better. Besides you don't need all that low end power on a fwd. Its better to have it come on later when you can still have traction. I got beat by anything and everything on the track with a supercharged 3.6 stroker because the minute I'd give it gas the tires broke free.

You can now buy the cast flanges for our exhaust manifolds and use that as a starting point to build your down pipes to the turbo.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't even bother with the supercharger route...at least for any of the M series chargers. If anything do the rotrex. I had the m90 and it was a pain. After that setup I went the turbo route and it was much better. Besides you don't need all that low end power on a fwd. Its better to have it come on later when you can still have traction. I got beat by anything and everything on the track with a supercharged 3.6 stroker because the minute I'd give it gas the tires broke free.

You can now buy the cast flanges for our exhaust manifolds and use that as a starting point to build your down pipes to the turbo.

From where can I buy the cast flanges? Any links?

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think it was RV6 performance, I'm trying to get the site to load right now but internet in the middle of the ocean is a little shotty.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m in process of collecting parts to budget turbo my 05. Gonna go with the AEM F/IC to handle tuning (way cheaper than hondata and sufficiently adequate for low boost) and RDX injectors (410cc instead of 240cc stock) a water to air intercooler, and a Toyota CT26 turbo.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like a fun project, good luck! How are you going to do a custom exhaust manifold on a budget btw? That sounds like the priciest part. And are you going to re-do the internals at all or run stock internals under boost?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I’m gonna start my own thread for the details, but I’m a machinist, fabricator, and welder by trade, so the manifold and piping won’t be that tough haha.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts