Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone here tell me what I need to adapt a GReddy EVO2 Cat-Back (Accord V6/Dual Exhaust) to an '05 Accord I4?

Apparently, the only things that I need to get over are the catalytic converter flange and hangers. Has anyone tried this? If so, what were your results?

Many Thanks!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
hes saying take off the exhaust from a tsx and put it onto your accord cuz they have almost the same type engine, just get mufflers and do it custom =)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Dual exaust is pointless for the L4. It's no better than a normal single exaust cat back, and adds weight. Unless you want the look.... in which case make sure you get the 18" tips on top of those coffee can mufflers.

·
Registered
748 Posts
VIVIZ3KTR said:
Dual exaust is pointless for the L4. It's no better than a normal single exaust cat back, and adds weight. Unless you want the look.... in which case make sure you get the 18" tips on top of those coffee can mufflers.
:werd:

·
the tooth
307 Posts
well the duals on the v6s aren't even true duals either, so in the accord's case, converting between single and dual doesn't matter. Many v6 members went single and many L4 members went duals as well without any sacrifice to performance.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Timmy said:
well the duals on the v6s aren't even true duals either, so in the accord's case, converting between single and dual doesn't matter. Many v6 members went single and many L4 members went duals as well without any sacrifice to performance.
thats what i did...took my i4 and added the v6 duals for the bodykit and for the symmetrical look

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am trying to convert my I4 Exhust to OEM dual muffler off v6.

I just have a question.. do I need to change the catalityc converter as well or I can leave it alone?

I am not sure about the oxygen sensor how it would affect my car.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
i don't think it would affect it... as long as it's a catback... i would just recommend you not to remove the cat. If you really want to i think there is O2 simulators you can get (please correct me if im wrong) and you better find a smog place that would pass you for remove cat. As for the first question... i don't think you would have trouble with anything since greddy has a catback system.. i think there are jsut extra mounts that you would have the muffler shop fabricate.

once again anyone please correct me if im wrong!

·
Banned
402 Posts
Yea i am doing the same but havent had time to actually swap it out. So i have a dual exhaust for the coupe off a V6 coupe accord from someone on here. I wish it would just bolt right up but i think I need hangers made...is that right? Or can I just do it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts