Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not looking into building a entire system. Just replacing the stock speakers with some better ones. Get some better sound maybe turn the volume up a little louder and get some more bass. Should I replace the rears and the doors. How much of an improvement do you think I would see if I just went to best buy and got like some nice aftermarkert what 6x9's and 4" , 5" door speakers. I have the 6mt with premiem sound.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
i'd go boston acoustic z6 component sets in front and rear, with a 4 channel 800 watt amp.
I'm not looking at doing anything other then replacing the stock speakers with new ones. I just don't know what to get. I'm not up to date on the new car audio. lol I've got 180watts pushing through the premium sound system the 6mt has now right? so Could I just buy some like 120 - 150 dollars 6"x9" speakers and slap then in. Would it be worth it over the oem speakers. It would right.

also is it just a matter of popping off the speaker cover grill thing in my car and then screwing the speaker from the housing and putting the new set into the stock housing. I replaced my speakers in my 98 accord coupe back in 99. lol it was a biatc........but the sedan has much more space to work in the rear with the window not be so slanty. lol like the coupe

one other question. so the 6mt stereo is 180watts right? is that 180watts for the 6 speakers together or each channel. How does that work. I'm looking into speakers that say 320watts peak and 80w rms. Not sure what the rms means. I can't just replace the oem speakers for better sound. Sounds like i need an amp to do anything with huh.

·
what's cracking?
357 Posts
honestly rear speaker aren't worth a thing. if you are dead set on rears, then get a cheap set of coaxials and run it off the HU. as far as front stage speakers go, i'd look into companies like dynaudio, dls, and rainbow.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Rear speakers make great low end fillers if you don't plan to get a sub. Otherwise, skip the money on the rear speakers since most will sound like ass anyways above 250hz. Even your stock speakers will have decent low end midbass.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I went with MB quart all around and it sounded great even with my factory stereo, but an aftermarket would ofcourse sound cleaner. im not into the whole huge system, so that was perfect for me and was plenty loud with a clean, but noticable light bump :)

·
Registered
642 Posts
You'll most likely have to cut up your doors a bit and fabricate some baffles to install most aftermarket speakers... not worth the effort if you're only replacing speakers and running them off stock stereo power IMO. Your best bet would be to thoroughly sound deaden your front doors inside and out. It will make your stock speakers sound wayyy better.

·
Banned
654 Posts
i have infinity kappa perfect 6.5" components and infinity kappa 6x9s. my fronts are under powered...i need an amp, so right now you can't even hear them!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts