Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
yea, so, today i get pulled over not 2 feet from my road and it was cuz of my tail lights. ill make a long story short, but i didnt get a ticket and when he was done with me he said that he basicaly pulled me over cuz of my rear blinkers looking like theyre red and it being hard to differentiate between my brake light red and my turn signal "looking" red, and he said having a rear turn signal be red is illegal..............i almost wanted to laugh in his face so hard, and almost did. oh yea, he also told me that "i owuld deffinately fail for inspection because of my headlights". yes i prolly would because i have no reflector in them, but no, thats not what he said, he said it would be because my turn signal areas were blacked out and thats illegal "which lead him to believe that either a) i paid someone off for and inspection sticker or b) i illegally modified my car after inspection" then i said, well, i didnt pay anyone off, and he asked me then if i was saying that i illegally modified my car after inspection, and i said no, i had bought the headlights and they have a DOT approved stamp on them ( i have DIY blackhoused stockers as most of you guys know) he still insisted they were illegal. the best part about all of this was tho like 1/2 thru the pull-over, he comes back to my car with my insurance, reg, and license and asked me if i lived on a road called north slope (dont forget, i was pulled over like 2 feet from my road) and i said yes, and pointed to my road and said that road. he then asked me where i was headed.......this guy mustve passed his classes with straight A's i immediently thought. oh yea, he pulled me over not only out of his town, but also out of township, so he couldnt have given me a ticket anyway. sorry for such a long short story, haha, but if i was to type how it all went down, i might as well hand it in to some college class as a paper, haha.

idk how red that orange looks? haha.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
the cop is stupid.. far as i know, signals can be red or orange..

and as far as the taillight tint, thats stupid too... you have some red showing and that should be fine too...

you should keep a book in handy or atleast some sort of document... search around, i think i read it somewhere around here a while back.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kiet said:
yea, they can, my altezzas i used to have on are like that and the new 06 accord sedans and coupes are like that......except for the hybrid sedans, they have a clear part at the top of the new triangular tail lights, and the bulb is like a chromie and is orange.

·
Anh Yeu Em Jenny
251 Posts
well nj police sucks...LOL..i been driving around nj for a while and i didnt get a ticket for my red blinkers..i even pulled behind a police when at a redlight and even parked next to one..still no ticket..here is a picture of me and my brother car next to eachother..

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
Kiet said:

and as far as the taillight tint, thats stupid too... you have some red showing and that should be fine too...

you should keep a book in handy or atleast some sort of document... search around, i think i read it somewhere around here a while back.
actually, smoking out any part of ur headlight is illegal because it hinders what ever light output it covers.....its harder for other drivers on the road to see, and if you black out ur headlight, its also illegal beause you have althered a DOT/SAE product.

but yea, who cares...hahah dumb a$$ cop.

i work at SB and i know 90% of ALL cops in my area, so every time i get pulled over, im SURE i will ONE, kno his Name. TWO, kno what drink he usually gets and about what time he comes in to get his free drink.

hahhahahhaha. i have never gotten a ticket yet.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
what a dumb cop!

ok, red blinkers for signal in the rear is ok... but for the front is kinda pushing it... maybe even illegal.

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
ViNhXoNxAcCoRd said:
well nj police sucks...LOL..i been driving around nj for a while and i didnt get a ticket for my red blinkers..i even pulled behind a police when at a redlight and even parked next to one..still no ticket..here is a picture of me and my brother car next to eachother..
its mostly a fix it ticket, and most cops arnt willing to waste 15-20+ mins of their time for a stupid $15 dollar fix it ticket. trust me, i ask alot of cops in my area that.

joedanger11 said:
what a dumb cop!

ok, red blinkers for signal in the rear is ok... but for the front is kinda pushing it... maybe even illegal.
it is illegal. it immitates a cop's emergency light

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sl33pyriceboi said:
its mostly a fix it ticket, and most cops arnt willing to waste 15-20+ mins of their time for a stupid $15 dollar fix it ticket. trust me, i ask alot of cops in my area that.

it is illegal. it immitates a cop's emergency light
my fix it tickets are $54, ive gotten 2 of them. and yes it is illegal to have front mounted red OR blue lights WITHOUT a permit.......and you need a reason to have the permit too other then looks, haha. my grandfather is on a local rescue squad and he has to now have a permit to have a blue light on his dash in his truck when he gets a call and has to go to the station to get the ambulance and go.

·
Anh Yeu Em Jenny
251 Posts
its illegal to even have red light bulbs..but i change it to red since i got he car which is like 2 years now and i been driving up and down on east coast..from florida to mass..still no problem.i might end up changing it soon .i just dont know when tho..

·
i<3 S.E.S & Eugene Kim
3,589 Posts
ViNhXoNxAcCoRd said:
its illegal to even have red light bulbs..but i change it to red since i got he car which is like 2 years now and i been driving up and down on east coast..from florida to mass..still no problem.i might end up changing it soon .i just dont know when tho..
its ok to have red in teh back, specially if you have a chrome housing and a clear cover....then you NEED red

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
he has them in the front, which is illegal... obviously we know that having red bulbs in the back is ok.

sl33pyriceboi said:
its ok to have red in teh back, specially if you have a chrome housing and a clear cover....then you NEED red
if you do this, you must also incorporate atleast one RED reflector of the rear of the vehicle.

vehicle code 25950: "The emitted light from all lamps and the reflected light from all reflectors, visible from the rear of a vehicle, shall be red..."

vehicle code 24607: "Every vehicle shall be equipped with at least one reflector so maintained as to be plainly visible at night from all distances within 350 to 100 feet from the vehicle when directly in front of the lawful upper headlamp beams...When more than one reflector is required, at least one shall be mounted at the left side and one at the right side, respectively, at the same level."

a good example of this is the Lexus RX330.

this is ca, law may be different from other states.

·
4 bangin'
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
a guy on 6thgenaccord.com said that he thinks the funniest part is that the cop car has red turn signals, haha, which it did.......i said i shouldve asked him why he was breaking the law too then, hahaha.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
" It is declared as a matter of legislative policy that red lights and sirens on vehicles should be restricted to authorized emergency vehicles engaged in police, fire and lifesaving services; and that other types of vehicles which are engaged in activities which create special hazards upon the highways should be equipped with flashing amber warning lamps."

·
MARTIN
1,411 Posts
6th gen coupes: "comes out of the factory illegal for having all-red tail lights" HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAH! guy was obviously a doofus and on top of that, he was power-hungry. a noob cop is just a noob cop i guess..hahaha

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
yes, definately the cop was on a power trip... i would have slapped him hard with some facts if he pulled me over. :cool:

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
YeuEmMaiMai said:
aren't the turn sinals on all 6th gen accord coupe red? I believe that the 7th gen are the same way as well
not the sedans, but 6gen coupes are all red...so are most of the domestic cars such as CROWN VIC (lol), Lincoln Towncar, Ford Expedition...many of them do not have orange/amber light on the back.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Red blinkers on the back are not illegal. Its illegal if in front

·
Anh Yeu Em Jenny
251 Posts
well guys i went to walmart today and i saw a cop ..so i walked up to his car and ask him about my lightbulb in front.i said to him.excuse me sir.i need to ask you something.he say sure what can i do for you son.i told him i just got some redlight bulbs on my car and i was wondering if it was illegal to have it..soo he got out his car and went to the front of my car and looked at it...he look at both sides then he told me its ok its orange..Imao i like oh snap i thought it was red..he say he thinks it orange and ask what color is it at night..i told him i think its red at night...he then look at me and say there nothing we can do about it..i like what do you mean there nothing you cant do about it.he said cars these day come out with alot of weird stuff on their headlight soo nobody can really tell what is what...soo he like well that take care of everything..he shake my hand and say have a good day son..that about it.. oh ya did i mention that he was a sheriff police.. :D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts