Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
KitKat KittyKat Member #1
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new digicam.... :D i need help deciding on one.... i've always been a canon guy, so i might be a bit bias on my selections..... i'm looking for a compact digicam, or anything that's not too large...megapixels should be between 3 and 4.0 megapix....budget is abt $250....here's wat i came up with so far..

1. Canon Powershot A400

2. i know this is SLR-like, and it's kinda large, but it's an awesome camera for that price canon powershot S1 IS

any other brands/ models i should take into consideration? i had the Canon powershot S30 and loved it....

·
Shes like the wind
1,094 Posts
i like the canon powershot si 1s, but its kinda big. thats why i got the canon powershot sd200, its nice and small. got it from dell with 512 mb, cost around 200 something after entering discount coupon.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
I have the S1 IS, it's not "like SLR". Sure it gives you the ability to customize every setting, but as soon as the sun goes down, you still have a CCD sensor, and unless your ISO is on 50, you will still have a ton of noise. Even though sometimes, with the ISO on 50, you STILL will have noise. It has a strong vignette effect (corners are dark then the rest of the image) in certain bright lighting situations.

The ZOOM is amazing, and the video camera mode is excellent for a camera like this. You have the ability to change every setting you could ever want, aperature, ISO speed, shutter speed, color balance, flash intensity. The flash has the ability to straight blind someone first go around, even more so than regular cameras. The Image Stabilization function is a bit overrated, but really does help when you're using the entire 10X optical zoom.

If I had to do it again, I'd save my money and grab a Canon Digital Rebel XT, you can find it for slightly over $800 online, but I definentaly don't have a reason to get rid of it right now ;)

·
Registered
350 Posts
i bought mine off my friend 200$ 5.1 megapix sony cybershot, i think it works pritty damn good, no complaints bout the sony. I think i saw a few ppl on here trying to sell their digis, maybe you can get a deal unless you want a brand new one.

·
335i coupe
654 Posts
I prefer PowerShot S70 (7.2MP) :naughty:

Dude, if you want inexpensive 3.2 MP I can sell you mine PowerShot s230 (3.2MP) in good condition.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
^ :drool:

Not sure which Canon you should get but I'll give you one piece of advice. Avoid digital zoom. Look at the optical zoom numbers only and shut off digital zoom once you get the camera you want. I develop digital pictures at my job and every time someone's 2.0-5.0 megapixel image comes out blocky/blurry, the customer tells me they zoomed in all the way (uses both optical and digital zoom) to take the picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts