Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Accord Mafia Member #001
350 Posts
Remove pass seat, sound deadening, trunk lining, interior panels. I did this a few times on my 6thgen but only b/c I was cleaning them. Car felt a lot lighter but road noise was horrible. I don't know how some civics live w/ a gutted car.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Idk, but removing the passenger seat and driving around may throw some sort of airbag malfunction light.

And, if you're trying to improve accelleration, some smaller diameter rims would help. Switching to 16" rims (from the stock 6-speed 17's) would probably gain you a upwards of a tenth in the 1/4 mile.

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
2,943 Posts
CF hood, removed rear seat/passenger seat, jack n spare, empty all the glove compartments, remove cargo met/trunk liner, and take out the carpets(lol), should save you around 80~90pds.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
if youre gonna strip your car down, dont do it in a permanent way! our cars are so beautiful, its a shame to see ppl tear them down to shave a few pounds.

if you wanna have fun for one day, remove the hood, trunk, spare, and jack!! takes 15 min to do all this, and it saves you well over 100lbs! thats weight that youll surely be able to feel.

·
DJ2000
2,715 Posts
04blkpearlcoupe said:
sometimes drifters remove their rear bumpers to save weight (and make the rear end slide easier).
I think you have only see pics. That is from them getting it knocked off by a wall or just taking it off so they dont get it knocked off. They dont take it off for weight. Bumper are not heavy at all.

If you really want to loose weight then lose the pound on your body. Dont take it out on your car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts