Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, im scared to be doing more **** to my car

ive been reading left to right about trannys slipping, cars breaking all that bull **** about accords

ive gone 30k miles now with no problems on the tranny, and i did get the recall done with thtat jetspray they install on the 2nd gear

i dont know, what do you all think

my next mods, were/still might be

hps and shocks
magnaflo exhaust
new headunit
tint

·
i keeps it real
352 Posts
smilez said:

ive been reading left to right about trannys slipping, cars breaking all that bull **** about accords

ive gone 30k miles now with no problems on the tranny, and i did get the recall done with thtat jetspray they install on the 2nd gear

hps and shocks
magnaflo exhaust
new headunit
tint

all those new mods will have nothing to do with the relaibility of the car, and if youre already running 30k strong, i wouldn't worry about a thing, have fun man

·
Registered
379 Posts
smilez said:

hps and shocks
magnaflo exhaust
new headunit
tint

You could always sell the parts if anything happend to your car (knock on wood). :D

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
^LOL! Tell that to the 6th gen guys on their 3rd and 4th transmissions :freak:

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
i've got 92k no problems...

·
SD's Panda
1,325 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
um...yeah us 6th gen v6 guys have it way worse....3rd tranny, 3rd motor mounts, 2nd alternator, 2nd ignition, and egr valve cleaning and i still do stuff to my car and will do much more in the future. but as someone said the stuff you have lined up wont affect the reliability of your car.

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
Du3ce said:
on an 03??? :eek:
yeah its an 03. i have put 45k on it in the last year. i am thinking of getting a new one in the fall. it will probably have about 120k by then.

·
Registered
414 Posts
acb384 said:
yeah its an 03. i have put 45k on it in the last year. i am thinking of getting a new one in the fall. it will probably have about 120k by then.

This is great to know, I just turned 21K on my 03 last week. I wanted to purchase a car I clould keep for 10 years with minimal problemsand I think I have.

What work have you done on the tranny? any fluid changes yet?

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
oh yeah, i changed the fluid at 60k and at 90k. the car had 46 on it when i got it last feb so i dont know if it was done at 30k. i am gonna change it every 20k from here on out.

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
mYsTiKLeGeNdZ said:
How far do you commute daily man?
my office is only about 7 miles away but i work for Xerox and drive all over doing service calls.
i get $.37.5 / mile

I have driven approx 33725 work related miles in the year that i have had my car
thats about $12656 i have been paid for those miles.
some days I drive 25(rare) some days i drive 250.

·
Registered
474 Posts
VTEC-v6! said:
You bellowed my friend :D ? I got rid of my gen 6 V6 after tranny #3 was in, and I got a 2006 V6 auto sedan b/c in lovely Canada, it does not come in stick. I think the tranny is a lot better on 2006 and personally, if Honda has not gotten it right by now with the trannies, I'm off to Toyota and Buick or Cadillac or something like that.

·
Registered
647 Posts
i dont understand how the 6th gen trannys go out so easy, i drive my car so hard al the time, it has 75k but no tranny issues yet, it shifts kinda hard sometimes, i guess its just a mater of time

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 05 ex v6 auto sedan and i have already blown my tranny. i had 19" donz luciano's with slightly bald front's and in this last snow sworm i had to drive my girl about 10 miles to work and that afternoon it started dticking in 1'st. the next day i filled her up and and when i went to leave it wouldnt engage in gear and coasted down the hill. verdict new tranny covered under warrenty 3500 bucks thankfully that i didnt have to pay

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
smilez said:

hps and shocks
magnaflo exhaust
new headunit
tint
Oh yeah that tint is gonna push that tranny over the edge :rolleye2: A little starved for attention or what :confused:

·
Registered
805 Posts
lol nah just a lil spooked. I was like that when I first heard of the tranny issue on my 02 AV6 Coupe...i got spooked. I didnt drive hard anymore. I was up til 60K last year before I sold the car to my girlfriend. She's was on 67K and going just fine. We sold it to some guy for 12K (trade in was only 10.5K since it was modded).

But yea, she's driving a Nissan Altima SE-R now...i suggested getting that over the new Accords. Besides....i do most of the driving with her anyways hahah

1 - 18 of 18 Posts