Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my 3rd gear is gone....my car drives in second gear only. I dont know what the freak is going on. My car jerks like a mofo and does not want to go into any gears. I have 48k miles on my car and this is the first major problem. I am going to take my car first thing in the morning tomorrow. THey better not give me any bs about it either. I have done no major engine mods except take off my resenator and change my air filter to a K and N Filter. I was scared as hell driving home tonight and I was basically driving at 35 mph with the emergency lights on. I din'dt want to drive at high rpms so i kept it around 3-3.5 at most of the times. This really pisses me off and It is really gonna piss me off if honda wont fix it. THey better not tell me any bs like my tranny failed b/c of my wheels or new headlights. Have any automatics have tranny failer like mine. Well IM tired as hell right now and I have to get some sleep to take to dealer tomorrow. Oh yea mine is a 03 model which has all the issues.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
i think their was a tsb or recall for autos in 03

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
I havent heard of anyone with a shot tranny having to pay for it yet. I'm not talkin small quirks, im talkin wont shift up period. You should be fine even out of warranty, HoA knows of this problem.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok i just went to the dealer this morning and they said since my warrenty is up they would have to charge me. So I asked them to call honda america for me and they said they would but they told me they would have to run a diagnostics test on it first. They told me it would cost 100 bucks and would take 3-4 hrs since they were booked up for today. So i decided since i had no ride my only choice was to make an apointment for Monday...since everything is closed sunday. I am pretty pissed...im kinda worried that honda america will not fixed this problem since im at 48k miles. Now my car wont even get into reverse So i had to push my car in neutral to get it out my garage. He told me that they did the recall test for my car and installed the new jet kit so that second shifts to third correctly but thats the exact problem im having right now...it wont shift to third....it wont even start at first gear...its stuck at second all the time. Oh man this is really pissin me off. what shall I do.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I dont think the 05 models have having tranny issues b/c they haven't put in the miles. The tranny issues seems to come up around 35-45k miles.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
2fast4u99 said:
i think their was a tsb or recall for autos in 03
Just for the 2nd gear lubrication problem (Oil jet kit); which has very little to do with the reason his failed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Honda Accord, Acura TL/CL is notorious for tranny failuer.

I use to have 2003 TL-S and had tranny replace 2 times.

First one was done around 28K mi and another tranny replace around 80K mi.

My friend has 2002 Accord V6 and his tranny went out just the other day. He had 39K mi.

What the hell is wrong with Honda trannies.

Thats one of the reasons why Acura/Honda extended tranny warrenty on all CL/TL from 1999 to 2004 to 100K mi.

Also as for my friend, Even though the warrenty expired, the dealer replaced his tranny under warrenty because it was known issue.

Also, Nissan 350Z & G35 are notorious for tranny grind. I also had 2003 350Z coupe and had 3 trannies replaced because of the 2nd gear grind issue in 8 months. I sued Nissan and they gave me my money back under lemon law. Now I have 350Z Roadster and it on its 2nd tranny.

It seems like I alway buy a car that known for tranny issue.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
ssk0771 said:
Thats one of the reasons why Acura/Honda extended tranny warrenty on all CL/TL from 1999 to 2004 to 100K mi.
Warranty extension is on 2000-2001 AV6, 2001-2003 CL, and 2000-2004 TL (other vehicles not listed).

ssk0771 said:
Also, Nissan 350Z & G35 are notorious for tranny grind. I also had 2003 350Z coupe and had 3 trannies replaced because of the 2nd gear grind issue in 8 months. I sued Nissan and they gave me my money back under lemon law. Now I have 350Z Roadster and it on its 2nd tranny.

It seems like I alway buy a car that known for tranny issue.
Automatic transmission?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Plumaccordcoupe said:
Warranty extension is on 2000-2001 AV6, 2001-2003 CL, and 2000-2004 TL (other vehicles not listed).

Automatic transmission?

You are right. its 2000-2004

Also, 350Z has issue with 6spd. Auto's have no issues.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
ssk0771 said:
Also, 350Z has issue with 6spd. Auto's have no issues.
Yeah, I've heard about the M/T issues on the G35's and 350Z's. I thought you were talking about the A/T since I failed to notice the "6MT" in your sig :doh: .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts