Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i always figured the greddy exhaust was goin to look ugly because of the huge cans everyone talks about, BUT this weekend i saw them in person, all i can say is WOW! it looks great BUT when you dont have the back lip covering it up.

SO this is my idea, im goin to go ahead and get greddy, but i have the lip kit on my ride, so to not get the exhuast extended, since its expensive as heck, im goin to just take the back lip of and let the rest be. Would this actually make my car look retarded or is it acceptable? what other Ideas are out there besides extendin my exhuast?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
yo i still got dibs on ur stock exhaust haha

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
when u expect to get the exhaust chris?

·
_
1,648 Posts
a lot of people have their cars with just the front and side kit and no rear. you're saying the greddy exhaust looks better with no kit in the rear? i thought it would help hide those cans. the tips on that exhaust are the perfect size, but the coffee cans suck.

·
Registered
603 Posts
expensive to extend? chop the pipe, find the same size pipe, add on an xtra few inches that u need, done! chop the pipe right where the muffler and axle back meet. U can get this done very affordably, 50-70 USD. It's only about 1hr of work.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
04DCspeedV6 said:
i always figured the greddy exhaust was goin to look ugly because of the huge cans everyone talks about, BUT this weekend i saw them in person, all i can say is WOW! it looks great BUT when you dont have the back lip covering it up.

SO this is my idea, im goin to go ahead and get greddy, but i have the lip kit on my ride, so to not get the exhuast extended, since its expensive as heck, im goin to just take the back lip of and let the rest be. Would this actually make my car look retarded or is it acceptable? what other Ideas are out there besides extendin my exhuast?
My opinion? Yeah...I think your kit will look incomplete without the rear lip. I've seen a few cars without the rear lip and it doesn't look right to me. Check around the v6p gallery or car domain for pics. I think the HFP aero kit looks good complete so my recommendation to you is to leave it as is and try to figure out a way to extend the tip if you're getting GReddy.

$ilverbullet has a good idea if you don't mind going that route.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
I cant imagine that it would be expensive at all to extend it. I have the borla catback system and went into the shop today to have them cut out the two restonators after the cat and weld in a new piece of pipe and they made two cuts and two bends and welded it on all for 40 bucks. So i cant imagine that if they only have to make a minor cut(s) that it would be much more if anymore than 40 or 50 dollars.

·
Registered
763 Posts
smokin6speed said:
I cant imagine that it would be expensive at all to extend it. I have the borla catback system and went into the shop today to have them cut out the two restonators after the cat and weld in a new piece of pipe and they made two cuts and two bends and welded it on all for 40 bucks. So i cant imagine that if they only have to make a minor cut(s) that it would be much more if anymore than 40 or 50 dollars.
where did you go to do that?

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
just went to the local muffler/exhaust shop....its much louder and has a much more threatening sound in my oppinion.....i can see where it would have a dronning effect at low rpms while driving but if i'm driving a long distance and i'm not runnin it hard i just leave it in 5th instead of 6th and that eliminates the consistant vrooommm....i'm willing to sacrifice a little gas for a little sound....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
wheres the shop? where in DC area are you from? b.c thats a real good deal for this rip-off of an area

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
im a good distance from DC actually I go to Marshall University in Huntington, WV which is about 20 mins from the KY/WV border. There are a bunch of exhaust shops around here and that was the basic price at all the shops around here....it was a really basic process and the way he did it was that he cut it off at the beginning of the first resonator....the long one...and the other end of the second one and just made one pipe and 2 welds....and it only took about 40 mins total, guy stopped to grab lunch in the middle to..haha....just take it to a small garage that has the ability to do a little cutting and welding and you should be good to go....

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
oh ok this makes sense then because you are far from the hellhole aka "beltway" so the price that you were charged was reasonable. around here like most major metropolitan areas, people are out to get ya! beware!

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
yea it makes it nice.....and ive built up a relationship with the guys i do business with so it makes it a little easier to not have to worry about gettin ripped off....how much do places charge to put on springs in ur area

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
a few hundred, but my friends are going to help me with my shocks, springs, camber, sway when im ready to install sometime this spring

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
man that really stinks....the custom shop i go to will put in my shocks and springs for 100 bucks and they do it good and fast....that really blows that they give you such a price hike....my buddy has an evo and he is gettin a new shift cable put in, new suspension (purchasing the supsension included) drilled rotor install(and purchase) new blow off valve and electonic stablizer installed, and tuning his turbo timer, and installing carbon fiber mirrors all for under 2 grand.

·
The Anti-Virus
729 Posts
In case anyone still cares... I've got the GReddy setup with the rear oem lip. Here's couple pics...
Everyone that's ever seen it said they really like the way the exhaust was tucked in instead of sticking out... a little thermal tape to help keep it from melting the bumper worked. Granted the inner lip of the cutout is black and a bit chewed up from vibration... but who cares you can't see it anyways...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts