Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
somethingJDM.com
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked around but i cant find any good pictures of it. Does anyone have pic of the indash screen for the cubby. I have some question. What cubby kit did you use? How much does it stick out? I just install my indash and that **** sticks out alot. I might have to do something custom down there. Any help would be great. Thxs

·
Registered
581 Posts
duRritztiNy said:
I have looked around but i cant find any good pictures of it. Does anyone have pic of the indash screen for the cubby. I have some question. What cubby kit did you use? How much does it stick out? I just install my indash and that **** sticks out alot. I might have to do something custom down there. Any help would be great. Thxs
Yeah man I had that same cubby kit I think you're referring to, the Metra kit, runs about 20-30 bucks on Crutchfield. Its good for a normal headunit, but a flipout dvd player will look like total crap down there, take it from me, I had one. I have a 6 speed and had to cough up the 200 dollars for the Metra Turbo T2 kit, which replaces your stock indash changer and AC controls, but the flipout is finally where it should be. Here's two comparison pictures:

BEFORE

AFTER

Now I aint sayin' she's a gold digger.... :p

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
see the top one is good for non flip outs as said above...but the thing that sucks is your controls are now obstructed by the screen in the second pic...they should have set it up with the buttoms all the way on the left and right so they are outside the range of a flip out screen or flipped the order and have the unit go above all of the controls.....but i'm not in a much better situation with my pilot now...because if i change out the H/U i lose my factory DVD setup...honda makes it hard to customize your system

·
Registered
581 Posts
The controls aren't bad in the new setup, the knobs turn freely behind the head unit, you just spin it from the side.

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
some company has got to come up with a better option than the metra T2. that thing is FUGLY...

not to mention you loose climate control

·
Registered
581 Posts
acb384 said:
some company has got to come up with a better option than the metra T2. that thing is FUGLY...

not to mention you loose climate control
It really goes with the dash pretty well, hardly noticeable. Climate control wasnt a huge issue for me, i usually have it max heat, max ac, or off with the windows down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
JPAccord said:
Yeah man I had that same cubby kit I think you're referring to, the Metra kit, runs about 20-30 bucks on Crutchfield. Its good for a normal headunit, but a flipout dvd player will look like total crap down there, take it from me, I had one. I have a 6 speed and had to cough up the 200 dollars for the Metra Turbo T2 kit, which replaces your stock indash changer and AC controls, but the flipout is finally where it should be. Here's two comparison pictures:

BEFORE

AFTER

Now I aint sayin' she's a gold digger.... :p
Very nice, I'm getting the same kit and it's on the boat right now.....I still cannot believe it costs 200+

Oh by the way JPAccord, is it still possible to use the volume control on the steering wheel after installing the indash??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts