Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What camber kit out of these should i get, i read on this site that ingalls is better then the SPC, so im plaing on going with that, but the question is whats the differance bettween the Balljoint and Toe link.

Heres the website
http://www.iapdirect.com/catalog_items.asp?vid=130

-Thanks

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
I like comptech

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ingalls.....I installed them, not difficult. The tech who did the allignment was really able to dial in the numbers. Camber and TOE are right on. He felt this was the best setup that he had worked with.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres two diffrent ingall camber kits one says, ballpoint and the other ones toe link....which one should i buy?

Whats the differance between comptech and ingall, i wanted to go with comptech casue of price but i heard that it wasnt good, but dont all camber kits do the same job i mean whats the diffeance bettween ingall and comptech?

·
V6P Negotiator & Promoter
1,460 Posts
odk said:
Ingalls.....I installed them, not difficult. The tech who did the allignment was really able to dial in the numbers. Camber and TOE are right on. He felt this was the best setup that he had worked with.

:werd: :iagree: :up:

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
IF the GM of v6p agrees that ingals is the best then thats my choice

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, ingalls it is but which one out of these three???????
n whatd the diff bettween them?

Part No. Description Sale Price

Parts manufactured by Ingalls
38725 Ingalls Adjustable Rear Camber/Toe Link $ 139

35590 Ingalls Adjustable Balljoint Kit -1.5 to +1.5 $ 145

35591 Ingalls Adjustable Balljoint Kit +1.5 to +3.0 $ 165

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
ball joint is for the front, i think we dont need a front kit since our cars are (apparently) somewhat front camber adjsutable.

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
its the first one. the kit will come complete with 4 total adjustable end link rods, 2 for toe, 2 for camber.

i have the ingalls rear kit and my alignment guy also said was a nice set up since my rear toe was terribly out of spec. spc kit and others, limits you to camber adjustment only.

i was always curious though on how they both adjust camber differently, since the spc kit adjust the top of the wheel in and out, while the ingalls adjust it from the bottom.

maybe one might have an advantage over the other in those terms, i dunno. :gotme:

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
How much does it run to install a camber kit?

For the rear?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Install is pretty easy, and I'm no car guy. Just needed a few wrenches, and some jack stands. It took a little while to decipher the instructions, on how to put the links together, but once I figured it out it made perfect sense, and was plenty easy. Oh, they also provide torque specs, but if you don't have a torque wrench you could probably just guess. Then go get an alignment and get the tech to torque them down.

And compared with the factory replaced parts, they're beefier, and have rubber bushings on the ends, where the factory links are just metal. Definite :up:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Great posts guys! Very informative. If anyone has any further camber questions, feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to answer them. SPC and Ingalls camber kits are great. However, when it comes to the 98+ Accord the Ingalls kit is better because it adjusts camber and toe. It used to be much more expensive than the SPC kit but fairly recently the priced dropped dramatically and now it is a no brainer to decide on the Ingalls rear kit. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts