Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is designed to reduce wear on mounts by helping to keep the motor from "torquing" during hard acceleration.

Not sure how long it will last but don't anticipate it ending in the next couple of weeks.

·
Blue in NY
968 Posts
Ive been running a TD in my 4 cylinder for a few months now and it does make a difference. I cant say what effect its had on the monuts since I never really looked at them, but the car is much more responsive because of the decrease in the motor torquing back.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
Since my stock mounts are still good I think I'll be getting this instead of the Innovative mounts. It seems like the perfect solution for untorn stock mounts. Good stuff!!!

·
User not found
430 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I dont try to race or burn out at the sight of a green light. Call me old but I save more on gas. Will this help me? Or is it just something for hard driving?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I dont try to race or burn out at the sight of a green light. Call me old but I save more on gas. Will this help me? Or is it just something for hard driving?
This item is mostly for hard acceleration to dampen engine torque. So probably not.

Oh and I am tempted to call you old but I won't. :)

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Darn it, my strut bar is mouted on that post already. So I would have to lift the strut bar up and slide this underneath? Wouldn't that make my sturt bar slanted (maybe if I stick washers under the other side......)?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Darn it, my strut bar is mouted on that post already. So I would have to lift the strut bar up and slide this underneath? Wouldn't that make my sturt bar slanted (maybe if I stick washers under the other side......)?
Unfortunately, this will not work if you already have a strut bar. :(

·
I have a MOMO fetish
97 Posts
I've been trying to figure this out as well. If you study the pictures, it looks like there is a strut bar there. Then if you read the directions available on their website, it mentions specificlly mounting the bracket underneath the strut bar.

No disrespect, Peter, but you and Ingalls need to sort this out because we've been aiting a long time for this and it's pretty crapy it wouldn't fit on a 6MT which needs it the most.

·
Registered
286 Posts
looks like it goes right underneath it.... no? Actually nvm, thats the stock strut that attaches to the frame, an after market strut uses the bolts the dampner uses, so it would sit awkwardly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I don't know why some of you guys are dying to install this item, because i realy feel that it won't make that difference to our cars.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts