Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got them from hopupracing.com $950 shipped(excellent shipping time btw!). (fyi)

Sorry for the medicore pics and dirty as crap car. Clean car and much better pics coming tomorrow.

This is 2 hours after install. I didn't really tell the guy exactally what height i wanted to be at. He basically said, "so you want it right on the tire?". I said, "yeah pretty much". So thats what he did. The back i still too high; but me and my friend are adjusting them in the morning to go about anoth 1/2 inch lower in the back or so. Only problem is i think there is a chance that my tires will scrub the finder wheel lip. But whatev. By body shop guy said he can shave about 1/4" or so off the lip if need be. I also might want to raise the front up a hair. I don't know about that yet though; i'm going to see how it looks with the back dropped a little more first. But i'm thinking that i will raise the front maybe 1/4"? Probably will.

And the ride quality is far better than i expected. I had before Neuspeed Race with the HFP shocks(i did have HFP springs and shocks but i swapped springs). I did not like the ride it gave me with the HFP and Neuspeed. Especially sine a few months ago. Maybe they were blown? idk. i just know i really really like the ride on the SS's. They're set to 8 on the damper. Nothing crazy stiff at all about it.

Like i said, more pics of adjusted ride height and clean car pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
351 Posts
looks good. I really like the Tein SS, it looks like a great kit. I think once my hfp stuff needs replacing that I'll probably opt for the SS-p w/ edfc. The first pics of the 7th gen coupe that first made me drool had the edfc. On-the-fly damper adjustability is just plain awesome.

I have one question about the kit though. Does the damper have the little ring around the base of the front shockbodies that the oem shocks have? I had some koni sp3 shocks and they didn't have the little support ring. My front passenger shock slid up the fork twice within two weeks and I took them off as a result.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xxvietside said:
thats niceee. thats what you call slammed! you should lower the back about 2more inch
Maybe about 1 more inch for me. Two more and i'd have tail sag maybe. I think the front's going up a hair too soooo... but maybe not. I'm about to go adjust it in a few mins.

They're 18x7.5. Had them for about 2 1/2 years. One day i'm uping to 19's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts