Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After careful thought, consideration, and nights of turmoil I think i have finally decided on the injen instead of the v2. Much in part to the information recieved from the v2 vs. injen thread (thanks for that) it seems to be a much better fit for my ride (more low-end torque, daily driver, LESS $$$$, etc.). Does anybody know if it with f-up my 7 year warranty with honda. i knew i was able to get away with the borla system, but the intake may be seen as different. the main question, is do you think the ECU will pick up that the intake is on there, (i.e. will it log in the computer system if i take it off, if i ever need to bring my ride back to honda).

And on a completely unrelated topic, i tried to set up a site on cardomain.com the other nite and couldnt figure out how to add pics. now, i know my way around computers fairly well, but i may just be an idiot cuz i still have no idea what i did wrong and want to add my ride up to the site. :confused:

thanks for the input

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
In short-- no. Don't worry about it. If you have to, you can always install your stock airbox if you ever take your car in for warranty work.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Different dealerships have different views on that..... you need to check with the actual one you want to use, and see what their opinion on "mods vs. warranty work" is concerned.

And, no, the ecu won't record the fact that you had a different intake on the car.

·
Nothing special
838 Posts
I agree that its dealership dependent. Some are ok with mods, some are not. Just in case, I have my stock pieces in my closet.

·
get'cha roll on...
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats pretty much what i figured... im def holding on to all the stockk parts just in case. the dealership i got it from is run by a real good family friend of mine. he's the GM and i dont think he'll give me any sht about it, but you never know... plus thats all the way in NY and im in boston now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts