Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been a while since I posted here. Anyway, I'm looking to clean out the garage some and I found these. I bought them in late '08 or early '09 (don't really remember anymore), had them on the car for about 7 weeks and took them off. I liked the smooth factory mounts better for the type of driving I do. These have been collecting dust since.

Pic here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5033823947/

A Google quickie told me that new prices are hovering just above 300, so I'm looking for $250 shipped to your door. First to jump takes it. If nobody does, I'll entertain offers, but don't lowball me.

PM me here or use [email protected]

P.S. As I recall, these have a lifetime warranty.

·
686 Posts
Gah if i had the money id jump on these!
bump for a deal.

If these dont sell and i end up getting money later I would buy em. just saying.

glws

·
bka SouthBay7thGen
637 Posts
Been a while since I posted here. Anyway, I'm looking to clean out the garage some and I found these. I bought them in late '08 or early '09 (don't really remember anymore), had them on the car for about 7 weeks and took them off. I liked the smooth factory mounts better for the type of driving I do. These have been collecting dust since.

Pic here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/5033823947/

A Google quickie told me that new prices are hovering just above 300, so I'm looking for $250 shipped to your door. First to jump takes it. If nobody does, I'll entertain offers, but don't lowball me.

PM me here or use [email protected]

P.S. As I recall, these have a lifetime warranty.
what do you mean by smooth factory mounts? how do these differ? i need these mounts and i don't drive aggressive as like before so i'm contemplating if these will cater my style of pedestrian driving. you have a prospective buyer though...i'll pm later on today

·
DAT Dewd from Dallas MANG
1,533 Posts
yo..

I have thes on my car with the upgraded bushings and I love THEM!!!

Don't think or be on the fence if you want mounts that you install once and don't have to worry about these are those...LIFETIME WARRANTY....:up:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The factory mounts are designed to isolate all engine vibration from the rest of the car, and they are very good at that job (although many have found that they wear quickly). The result, though, is that the engine is allowed to twist about when it's under load, which keeps power from being applied directly to turn the wheels. These provide a much more solid foundation and therefore a much more linear power delivery. Wheel hop is dramatically reduced and overall traction is improved under heavy acceleration. The down side is that they allow more engine vibration to be transmitted through to the rest of the body. Most people who spend a lot of time on the accelerator and less time cruising don't mind it at all. I spent so much time on the highway and so little accelerating that I never got much of the benefit and didn't like the vibration over long trips.

Your experience will depend on your driving style and what you expect your car to do. For most spirited drivers it is definitely worth it. I just wanted more luxury. Hope that helps.

(Still available, btw)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
What about For a 6spd MT? Is the transmission mount the same? If they're different are u willing to cut the asking price?

Man, they should sell these seperately, I would just buy the front one!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My car is a 6spd. These fit both manual and auto trans TL and Accord V6. They are the 3 engine mounts. The trans. mount is not a necessary part of the kit. See manufacturer info here: http://www.innovativemounts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=10750

Also, as bdconcepts said, you would not want to buy just one. The increased stiffness would put added stress on the other 2, decreasing their life dramatically. These act effectively only as a set. It is a buy once, never pay again proposition.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I feel like I should clarify that these are not individual replacement parts, they are a kit. Innovative does not sell the individual pieces because they are not designed to be used that way. Because it changes the dynamics of the engine mounting system, if you replace one mount with polyurethane, you should replace them all. Otherwise the change in stiffness would stress the other mounts and ruin them in short order. If you just want to replace one mount, then you should get a factory-style replacement mount.

Therefor, please do not ask me to sell you one mount only. It is a complete kit.

It is also still available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts