Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna start the installation of my tein ss w/o pillow mount on my coupe, but I need some help. I need the oem top mount. Will I need a spring compressor? I was thinking of just taking the bolt on the top mount bolt in the middle off then lifting the car up so there is no need for a spring compressor. Will that work? And for the tein ss coilovers, can you adjust the height just with the wrenches or will you need a spring compressor to raise the ride height or to lower it?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yea, you'll need a spring compressor. As far as adjusting the height, you DO NOT need a compressor. You don't even need to take the wheels off, just jack it up and lower/raise it to your liking.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i dont know if its everywhere but at either autozone or advanced auto parts you pay 40 and when you bring it back you get all 40 back

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HELP, i ran into trouble today unsuccessful day of coilovers. I take my stock suspensions off and I have tein ss without the pillow mount so I used to oem top mount, but the stock shock and spring bolt that hold its together on the top mount won't screw itself in. The stock bolt won't even make it down past my dampening adjustment knob. It looks like the right size somethings wrong. Does the tein ss w/o pillow mount come with the bolt? I'm gonna try to find a bolt that slides in nice and easy tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts