Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
nice, congrats.

Don't see too many red Accords, yours looks nice, keep it up.

·
Registered
361 Posts
It looks like you went with the Pro XS Series, thats what i put on my AV6. It is a little bit quieter than you would expect but i think it sounds bada**. Looks good tho bro, how much did it run you? If you aren't running it with a catback, you can get one made and it will give it a deeper tone. Thats what I did when I have them put on.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea it kinda hides underneath the rear, im not too worried about it right now but i probably will extend it a little in the future to become flush with the rear.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
Do you have better pics? They look blurry to me. Even so...your car looks badazz. Are you noticing a significant difference in power now that you have CAI and exhaust?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i will post better pics in a few days, i really havent noticed anything significant in performance, but maybe after i race my friends a few times i will notice a difference!

·
Registered
603 Posts
ComptechAccord4 said:
Who cares how it looks? If it performs well, thats all that matters. Looks don't win you races, performance does. :D
true, but why not make it look nice @ the same time? Flush to the bumper is hella sweet, clean. U get performance and looks, why just take the performance when 2inches can make it look like a million dollars. Plus it looks cleaner! nice exhaust btw! :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wasn't aware the PRO XS is available for the 7 gen accords.

Can someone confirm? I thought they only make one cat-back and that is: Part# 140080. If I am not wrong, there is a autoparts superstore here in SoCal carrying this item instock for $599 this past weekend when I visited. I was so tempted to pick it up.

RedBaron said:
It looks like you went with the Pro XS Series, thats what i put on my AV6. It is a little bit quieter than you would expect but i think it sounds bada**. Looks good tho bro, how much did it run you? If you aren't running it with a catback, you can get one made and it will give it a deeper tone. Thats what I did when I have them put on.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ucipimp said:
I wasn't aware the PRO XS is available for the 7 gen accords.

Can someone confirm? I thought they only make one cat-back and that is: Part# 140080. If I am not wrong, there is a autoparts superstore here in SoCal carrying this item instock for $599 this past weekend when I visited. I was so tempted to pick it up.
I dont know, but mine is the Borla catback i bought it from ajusa.com for about $620 shipped

·
fonda my honda
592 Posts
ComptechAccord4 said:
Who cares how it looks? If it performs well, thats all that matters. Looks don't win you races, performance does. :D
true, but who says he's not concerned with looks as well? i think if he wanted to "win races" with no concern for looks, he would have purchased a different vehicle.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
if you want a little better tone/volume on your exhaust i have the same setup (borla catback) and i had the two extra resonators removed in the pipe from the cat to the Y and it sounds so much better now. took it to a local exhaust shop and got it done for 40 bucks.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
smokin6speed said:
if you want a little better tone/volume on your exhaust i have the same setup (borla catback) and i had the two extra resonators removed in the pipe from the cat to the Y and it sounds so much better now. took it to a local exhaust shop and got it done for 40 bucks.
how is this done? they just cut off the resonators? $40 is quite cheap i think. i like the sound as is, i mean if its louder i wouldnt have problems with it but its going to be hard to talk in the car, i like to talk to my lady friends in the car hehehe. when i have my boys in there, the car stereo is on and there is silence haha

·
Registered
603 Posts
it's still talkable, my gf is with my majority of the time, it's loud enuf to make u happy, yet quiet enuf to still talk.

$40 is normal, it's only about a 10-20 min job. I sat there and watched, and voila, it was done in about 15 mins. I got mine done for $30 CDN, so that's about 25 USD.

The cut, the put on a new pipe which is about a foot long, done. simple.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts