Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that asked, here they are...sorry about the crappy lighting, that and I have a pretty sh***y camera:

Test Pipe before install:

J-Pipe installed:

$3500 mod being lazy before surgery:

Cold chillin' last winter:

·
07' V6 Auto Sedan
700 Posts
Newfoundland?

And good look on the borla, but are the tips not centered or is that just me being crazy?

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Newfoundland?

And good look on the borla, but are the tips not centered or is that just me being crazy?
Yep, Newfoundland.

And you're not being crazy. They aren't dead centered in the exhaust cutout on the HFP rear lip. The are even with each other (same distance), but towards the inside of the cutout, not dead center. At least they're not touching the plastic. When we initially installed it the right tip was touching the bumper. I took it into a muffler shop and this was the best they could do. They are about 1/2" off the inside of the exhaust cutout. If you see it in person they are even with each other as I said, but more towards the inside. I think the last picture is the best in regards to showing their placement - sometimes pictures don't tell the whole story, as they look a lot closer to the inside (almost touching) when I did a left and right view, but I can assure you they are not touching the bumper.

·
07' V6 Auto Sedan
700 Posts
Oh. I was just worrying about melting judging from the last pic, but it looks as if they stick out enough.

btw,

That is a awesome dog! I hope it recovers from surgery!

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
Did you leave the premuffler and the resonator in? If you did... you should take them out and replace them with straight pipe....you will LOVE the sound

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh. I was just worrying about melting judging from the last pic, but it looks as if they stick out enough.

btw,

That is a awesome dog! I hope it recovers from surgery!
Thanks - yea I was worried at first and we got it corrected so the tips are at least 1/2" from the bumper, but thanks for the concern because I was worried after we installed it that it was going to melt the rear bumper as well.

Re: the dog - he is recovering real well. The trouble is keeping him from doing anything stupid like running or jumping, so we've got him sedated :D

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you leave the premuffler and the resonator in? If you did... you should take them out and replace them with straight pipe....you will LOVE the sound
I left the premuffler and resonator on and honestly, i am very happy with the sound as is. I know by removing both I could get a louder sound, probably even more bass, but I am happy with it the way it is for now. Maybe down the road once I've fully adjusted to the sound and feel it needs to be deeper...but I don't want to deal with any droning and am happy with how deep it sounds as is. Thanks for the comments!

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTW, I installed that J-Pipe when Richie put out the first batch like 8+ months ago. When we put my car up on the lift...so sad to see what it looks like now. It used to be so nice and shinny, now it looks like the stock j-pipe with all the salt/crap on it from our winters. Once summer comes back around I'm going to see if I can get it back on a lift and clean the hell out of it :)

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looks good, hows it sound? mean?
Deep and throaty is about how I would explain it. It's not overly loud per say, just a lot deeper.

"Mean" is pretty subjective, but I'd say it doesn't sound "mean." It's the quietest exhaust system out for the V6. But it sounds a hell of a lot better than stock, looks a lot better than stock, weighs about 30lbs less than stock...lol...I really do enjoy the sound. I'm more about subtle things, I like the sleeper aspect of my car right now.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I take that back..lol...now I am sort of interested in cutting out the pre-muffler and resonator. I like the sound, don't get me wrong. It is nice and deep, but I want it a bit louder.

When you have them cut those pieces out, will they put in stainless steel straight piping? Or another lower grade of steel? If so, how long before it melts (I live in the midwest, we get a lot of rain and snow/ice so salt on the roads for like 5 months). Would they need a mandrel bending machine since it's not actually straight piping (I don't think) and how much would I be looking at dropping?

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey where did you get that test pipe at?
RichieV6. Just look at the top where teh stickies are and there is a group buy on j-pipes/test pipes that RichieV6 is running. IIRC, you can get just the test pipe shipped to your door for $40.

And thanks for the compliments as well!

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
i can tell it sounds means just by looking at the pics

1 - 20 of 25 Posts