Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
T-Rob
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the H.techs cause I thought they would get rid of the massive gap in the front wheel well and give an EVEN front and rear height *wrong*. I only installed the fronts because IFI did the rears I would have ASS SAG (hate that sh!t), the ultimate evil if you are trying to keep your car "clean". Well, what I ended up with was the fronts being like an 1/8 of an inch lower than the back, so they are pretty even now. Here are the pics:

I'll get more shots soon.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'd wait until the springs settle in before thinking anything of it.

I decided to get Neuspeed Race springs (Supercup Kit) instead of Tein H techs.

Sal

·
Adventure is out there!
2,941 Posts
SableSal said:
I'd wait until the springs settle in before thinking anything of it.

I decided to get Neuspeed Race springs (Supercup Kit) instead of Tein H techs.

Sal

i use to have the nuespeed race springs! i loved that drop! it was perfect just for springs!

·
4 door Coupe
593 Posts
the drop doesnt look bad at all. i would wait too. are you planning on getting new rims/tires, or staying stock? dont come across many red coupes on here.. wouldnt mind seeing 1 with full HFP kit rimmed up. youre off to a good start

·
Registered
236 Posts
H-techs drop the front more than the rear so no saggy butt. Check the side view of my car in my gallery as I have H-tech front and rear :D

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
well, the drop is good for practical use, and a person not heavily into modding, but the 7gen looks great slammed

·
Registered
239 Posts
what kind of shocks did you pair the h-techs with? if you have koni's, they are height adjustable, so you can lower the front even more. put both sets of springs on and just let them settle out for 2 weeks to see how they look. i don't know too much about your set-up, but my guess is that having two different types of springs wouldn't be the best thing to do for your shocks.

·
T-Rob
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a parental control problem. They saw how much money I spent on my 6th gen to have it all go to waste. So there can't be anything done to this one. It has to look stock/OE Accessories so no slamming this one. Nothing after market whatsoever. (I won't get in trouble or anything but I just don't need to hear them ***** about it lol) I'll get a good day pic of the front and rear so you guys can see how low the ass is now and how low it would be dropped 0.7".
Stock shock btw

·
neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel
6,808 Posts
i will never invest money in springs.. save up and go big and get full coilovers.. they are worth every..cent u spend.. if u cant afford it wait or work overtime like me and get it..lol

·
T-Rob
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Scott Si said:
H-techs drop the front more than the rear so no saggy butt. Check the side view of my car in my gallery as I have H-tech front and rear :D
Ah, you're right. But before my fronts settled, it was pretty even with the back. I'm figuring it took an hour for the fronts, so about 45 minutes to install the rears?
Well, here's a day pic of the "front only" drop:

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
if you wanted more drop shoulda gone s-tech. 1.8 in the front and 1.3 in the rear.
but its a step in progress with the h-techs

·
you gotta rub to dub!
1,126 Posts
wow, sorta looks stock! Are you going with bigger wheels in the future?

No wheel gap or negative fingers FTW!!!! :)

1,221 Posts
you should get the supercup kit and just make the front and rear perches different to make the drop even.

i just got my supercup kit installed a couple weeks ago and even though i'm on the second lowest perch, it's not so low that its bothersome.

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you do decide to go lower, I would HIGHLY recommend getting coilovers. Not only will ride quality improve, but you can adjust EVERYTHING from ride hight to damping (depending on what system you go with). Suspension is the one of the most fun and most noticeable mods you can do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts