Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just thought i would post the photos of my installation of the new sirius starmate satellite radio in the 7th Gen. Let me know what you think (just got my car a month ago and this is my first mod...other than new headlights)

view the images

·
ex scientia vera
3,570 Posts
Hey, sweet tutorial! Very good, informative pics.:up2: I recently installed my iPod using the IceLink so it was similar to your install. I was surprised at the ease of install--after getting past the "I'm tearing down my brand new car" phase. ;)

BTW, it's nice to see another fine member of the Auto tranny club :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kramer2k said:
Hey, sweet tutorial! Very good, informative pics.:up2: I recently installed my iPod using the IceLink so it was similar to your install. I was surprised at the ease of install--after getting past the "I'm tearing down my brand new car" phase. ;)

BTW, it's nice to see another fine member of the Auto tranny club :D
Oh man, luckily my brother has a beat up 96 accord which he has taken everything off of it and he helped me out so i wasn't too scared...but i can't lie. taking the shift cover off was a little scarry! lol

i had an old mazda 626 that was a manual. i just wanted a break from it for a while. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kingof3rdinput said:
whered you run your antenna to?
as much as i didn't want to, i ended up sticking it on the back center roof, where they put the new accord's factory xm antenna. It runs behind the drivers seat to the trunk then i led it out the back drivers side corner of the trunk, near the hitch) Hopefully i can get it painted the satin silver to match the body color. but for now i don't mind it too much. it started raining pretty bad before i could take some photos of it.

·
constantly in pursuit
4,250 Posts
I got sirius installed in my 6th gen. kinda a janky rig, but i finally got the xa-300 to hard wire it to my deck, so i'm prolly gonna move it soon. you're looks a lot cleaner, especially cause you guys got that door on the cubby. nicely done though

·
Registered
370 Posts
very nice pics, and DAYUMN what kinda camera is that?! when i did mine i ran my antenna up the drip channel and down through the drivers side door and behind the dash there, but very clean and nice install

--hoop

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IIHOOPII said:
very nice pics, and DAYUMN what kinda camera is that?! when i did mine i ran my antenna up the drip channel and down through the drivers side door and behind the dash there, but very clean and nice install

--hoop
Thanks! I use this Sony 717. It is a NICE camera. Just about all the photos on the site were taken with it (please, have a look around and see) www.juiceheaddesigns.com

·
Registered
18 Posts
install looks nice and clean. Just wondering if u get any alternator whine or engine noise coming through the speakers. I will be attempting the install my Starmate the same way that u have.

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
dcmuss said:
install looks nice and clean. Just wondering if u get any alternator whine or engine noise coming through the speakers. I will be attempting the install my Starmate the same way that u have.
You will need a ground loop isolator to eliminate the alternator whine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts