Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some Alpine SPR-17LS component speakers and when I got my doors taken off I realized that the bolt pattern was completely different, I got a spacer but I can't find a way that the screws line up, anyone installed these? anf if so, would you like to help me out? :)

·
My AV6 is all gone...
778 Posts
Cut a set of mounting rings from MDF, mount those, then your speakers to them

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got done putting the 6.5's in, the spacer they give you is supposed to go on top of the stock spacer. it wasn't deep enough so I dremeled part of the stock spacer (i guess that's what it is) and they fit perfectly now. NOW how do you get to the tweeters? I see there is a wire going down there, but it's almost impossible to get to, not to mention I don't know where it goes. :(

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I assumed I would. If I do mount them on my doors do you know where I can get a cover for them that looks nice and flush with the door itself. the tweeters I have right now wouldn't look too good if I just put them there.

·
antirice[R] Type R
89 Posts
djpm05 said:
I assumed I would. If I do mount them on my doors do you know where I can get a cover for them that looks nice and flush with the door itself. the tweeters I have right now wouldn't look too good if I just put them there.

The dash doesnt have to be taken apart to get to the stock tweeters. You can just pry under the fabric grill of the stock tweeter and the grill and the driver will come out as one piece. Mount your new tweeter to the grill, and using a hanger, fish the wire down the hole to the side where the dash meets the door, to the fuse access on the side.From there, if the crossovers are in the door, fish the wire through the rubber grommet and your good to go.

Also, my writeup doesnt mention the stock wire. I would forget the stock wire, because the stock tweeters are wired wierd.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was worried that me trying to put a fishwire down there might hurt something. I guess I'll do it that way, thank you. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts