Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my AV6 and need to put my serius radio in it. I plan to put the magnet antenna over the rear windshield then run the wire through the trunk and up to the dash. My problem is that I don't understand how to remove the plastic cover running along the passsenger door sill. There are no obvious screws so do i just pull it up? Does this sound like the right plan? In my last car I put the antenna by the front windshield and then came in the passenger door but I can't do that with this car.

·
St. Louis!
3,378 Posts
You can just yank those door sills up. I have mine in the front windshield, drivers side. Excellent reception right there, and was a breeze to run the wire right under the dash.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So you have your antenna mounted inside the car? Did you use just use mounting tape to hold it to your dash? Can I hardwire my satelite reciever directly to the OEM radio (no Navi) rather than use the FM modulator?

·
Soblime
125 Posts
I have mine sitting on the rear shelf. I ran the cables underneath the door sill and up through the back. Looks completely stock, I"ll take pictures if you want.

I also hard-wired mine using the FM Modulator. And the answer to your question is, no you can not hardwire it without the use of an additional converter (Ie USA Spec, BLitzsafe, etc.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts