Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've thought about building a nitrous oxide injection system for my coupe, but I'm not sure what to tell the insurance company.

So how do you all go about this? My main concerns is that if I get into an accident (unrelated to nitrous oxide) will the insurance company not want to accept a claim if your car is found to be equipped with nitrous oxide (and you didn't tell them)? If you do inform the insurance co., does your rate skyrocket, or do they drop the coverage? I have VERY cheap insurance at the moment, and wouldn't want to do something that would affect that (3 cars for less than $1000/yr).

I haven't contacted my insurance company about this, becuase I don't want them to get the idea I'm a testosterone driven male, unless it turns out it doesn't affect rates much.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Well....i think it depends on your plan. Allstate has told me that anything that is a working part of my car...(when I asked them about my aftermarket deck that got stolen)...was covered under my insurance. So if someone jacks my wheels...it's covered. Technically the nitrous would be a "working part" of your car...so I'd check with the insurance company. I know some carriers want to know what they're covering...so they make you update your policy with any additional parts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
BungedUP said:
I've thought about building a nitrous oxide injection system for my coupe, but I'm not sure what to tell the insurance company.

So how do you all go about this? My main concerns is that if I get into an accident (unrelated to nitrous oxide) will the insurance company not want to accept a claim if your car is found to be equipped with nitrous ocxide (and you didn't tell them)? If you do inform the insurance co., does your rate skyrocket, or do they drop the coverage? I have VERY cheap insurance at the moment, and wouldn't want to do something that would affect that (3 cars for less than $1000/yr).

I haven't contacted my insurance company about this, becuase I don't want them to get the idea I'm a testosterone driven male, unless it turns out it doesn't affect rates much.

Best idea is call a different insurance company and ask them for a quote on coverage and then after that ask them if there is any diference if you have the vehicle equiped with nitrous... just a thought... try www.progressive.com or www.geico.com I think that they have people to answer the phones around the clock...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AH! Interesting VietNinjaJ30A1 -thanks.

And tireguy98, that's a good idea - I didn't think of doing that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts