Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so im ready to order my Weapon R intake and it has two choices:

SECRET WEAPON INTAKE SYSTEM - 2003-05 ACCORD 4CYL "LEV ONLY" (301-144)
$ 242.00

SECRET WEAPON INTAKE SYSTEM - 2003-05 ACCORD 4CYL (301-151)
$ 219.00

I remember my rear passenger window has some ULEV sticker, wtf is ULEV or LEV anyways? :confused: :confused:

·
JB4 e92
5,224 Posts
Q: What are LEV's, ULEV's and SULEV's?

* A LEV is a vehicle that is certified to meet the "Low Emission Vehicle" standards that are set by the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
* An ULEV is a vehicle that is certified to meet the "Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle" standards that are set by CARB. The ULEV standards are more stringent than the LEV standards.
* A SULEV is a vehicle that is certified to meet the "Super Ultra-Low Emission Vehicle" standards that are set by CARB. The SULEV standards are more stringent than the ULEV standards and are the cleanest emission standards that a gasoline vehicle can meet.

The table below gives a quantitative comparison of these three vehicle emission standards.
California LEV II Emission Standards for Passenger Cars and Light Duty Vehicles
Vehicle less than 8500 lbs. (grams/mile for 120,000 miles/11 years)
Category
NMOG CO NOx PM HCHO
LEV 0.090 4.2 0.07 0.01 0.018
ULEV 0.055 2.1 0.07 0.01 0.011
SULEV 0.010 1.0 0.02 0.01 0.004

NMOG = non-methane organic gases
CO = carbon monoxide
NOx = nitrous oxides
PM = particulate matter
HCHO = formaldehyde

Toyota Prius Rating: Toyota focused mainly on the Prius powertrain to achieve emissions and mileage goals. The Toyota Prius meets or exceeds LEV standards. This car carries the "Leaf Car" logo that classifies it as a LEV. In fact, the Prius meets California's stringent SULEV standards. Significant emission reductions have been obtained by use of the following:

* an advanced hydrocarbon (HC) absorbing unit
* a vapour-reducing fuel tank with a plastic liner to minimize gas vapour
* a small, light-weight battery pack
* a very efficient catalytic converter
* the advanced Toyota Hybrid System

Honda Insight Rating: Honda focused on lightweight material, a small super-efficient lean-burn engine and the hybrid technology to achieve emissions and mileage goals. The Insight meets the California ULEV standards. Its catalytic converter is specially designed and actually attracts NOx molecules during lean-burn conditions. It catalyzes the NOx molecules to water, CO2 and N2.

http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/hybrid/faq.html#4

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
itzjonjon69 said:
Ok so im ready to order my Weapon R intake and it has two choices:

SECRET WEAPON INTAKE SYSTEM - 2003-05 ACCORD 4CYL "LEV ONLY" (301-144)
$ 242.00

SECRET WEAPON INTAKE SYSTEM - 2003-05 ACCORD 4CYL (301-151)
$ 219.00

I remember my rear passenger window has some ULEV sticker, wtf is ULEV or LEV anyways? :confused: :confused:

jeez for that price why not get AEM or INJEN that are supposedly carb legal. ULEV is ULTRA Low Emissions Vehicle. Those vehicles are sold in Cali to meet emissions regulations. If i were you id go buy an injen or an AEM since they have the resources and are supposedly carb legal.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Aem V2

I just installed a AEM V2 on the 04 Accord EX-V6 6spd
The difference is night and day.
The install was easy....just took some time (about 1-2 hours)
From what I've read, they are all very similar, but I've read that the V2 it better for higher rpms so I got that casue this car doesn't do much unless its in the VTEC range :)

·
"jim" - 03 Accord CM5
48 Posts
be careful!

I don't know what kind of set-up you have... but be careful! If you have an Accord 4cyl 4dr AT in CA, then you have a MAF sensor that is incompatible with ANY aftermarket intake system. I have this setup and am debating whether to custom fab my own intake. Just don't get tricked into believeing that everything works.

·
"jim" - 03 Accord CM5
48 Posts
Look at your stock air box. If there is a sensor screwed into it, then you have a MAF sensor. If there is nothing on the stock air box, then you have an IAT which is located on the intake closer to the manifold. The IAT's work with all aftermarket intakes while the MAF does not. I believe that the MAF's, however, are only on 4dr 4cyl EX-Ls in CA. Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts