Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry dont know where to put this, but looking for Aluminum fabrication parts so I can make my intake and exhaust both from Aluminum. Yes Aluminum. Got to save weight somewhere.

Currently looking for a 3" to 4" cone and a 2.5 to 3" cone. I found and bought a 3-4 but it was cast and steel. So heavy :bonk:

Also what do you guys think about muffler sizes and locations where they will fit. Currently looking at the Vibrant 3" Aluminum race muffler(Part # 12900). It has a 5" Outer Diameter and is 14" long tip to tip.

Next time i get my car on my friends lift im going to take some measurements to start mapping out total materials needed and what angles. Im going to pay closer attention to angles, because i missed that while making my CAI and well.. I have a shorty 4".

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. They even have the 3 bolt flange in aluminum. I have to contact them about getting some cones. Maybe get a couple of them and try different intake setups.

With cubano making the 2.5 to 3.5 exhaust , I'm debating going straight to that. But I don't have the tl-s cams, and the bigger tb and mag manifold

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Verociousmotorsports.com

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Thanks. They even have the 3 bolt flange in aluminum. I have to contact them about getting some cones. Maybe get a couple of them and try different intake setups.

With cubano making the 2.5 to 3.5 exhaust , I'm debating going straight to that. But I don't have the tl-s cams, and the bigger tb and mag manifold
i dont have TL-S cams....i have stock J30A4 cams

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Cubano has no internal work done. Showing the community that you dont need too go into this motor to achieve high hp. Big ups to him for that.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Jiga has the TL-s cams, not Paul.

I hope Paul sees power from the '2535' setup, but I think once we have the large intake/3.7 TB/manifold combination/ported runners and full exhaust, that the head will start being the bottleneck. Paul, you have stock runners right? You should look into getting them ported and possibly the TL manifold outlets as well :D

·
TrakCord
1,485 Posts
Jiga has the TL-s cams, not Paul.

I hope Paul sees power from the '2535' setup, but I think once we have the large intake/3.7 TB/manifold combination/ported runners and full exhaust, that the head will start being the bottleneck. Paul, you have stock runners right? You should look into getting them ported and possibly the TL manifold outlets as well :D
stock runners yup...after i figure out what the exhaust is doing ill dip into the engine, but maybe not even. the most ill do is TL-S cams then maybe bore out the T/B. Also do some experimenting again with the 4" intake length/megaphone etc...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts