Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am completely new to this and need help. Like a step by step process and teach it to me like im 5 lol.
So I own a 2003 Honda Accord 3.0L V6 Automatic. I am wanting to do a Intake manifold swap for more power and torque. What do you think? I've talked to some people about the j35 and j37 with PnP runners and a regular throttle body. I'm just confused at this point and need your guidance on what to do in order to make this easy and not mess up my car and get the power im looking for.

Thank you!!

So far this is the conclusion I've come to:

J35a8/J37 IM
J30a4 PnP Runners
J30a4 Throttle body
Butterfly delete plate

Whats the best route and parts list to make this happen?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 04 auto with a j32 a swap still on stock computer and trans and j30 intake so everyone is different and I’ve been told 5.0 manafolds fit these j series v6s

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 04 auto with a j32 a swap still on stock computer and trans and j30 intake so everyone is different and I’ve been told 5.0 manafolds fit these j series v6s
Yeah I've been digging deeper and reading around. Basically the conclusion is j35 IM is cheaper and similar to the j37, but if you have the money you should go all out and get the j37 especially for the TB.

·
Registered
6 Posts
price/performance wise go for a MAGNESIUM j35a6 intake manifold/throttle body combo. Easy to pull both at the same time from a junkyard. They're found in 07 Honda Odysseys (ex-exl trims). You can port the manifold in the future for j37-like performance. I'd also suggest doing a reset on the ecu when you install the new manifold so it may remap around the new oxygen difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts