Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
i highly doubt the hp difference a person is going to feel is huge. Its all in your head
:werd: all cai's are more or less comparable in performance. only difference is brand (which means $$), looks, and sound. but like haiyter said, you're not going to notice it if you change...at best maybe a 1 or 2 hp difference. just keep and be happy with what you have :D if it ain't broke why fix it?

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
i highly doubt the hp difference a person is going to feel is huge. Its all in your head
Yeah you're right, I misread and thought he had the drop in.

Are there any Typhoon dynos around?

·
Currently Lifted :(
303 Posts
so your all saying there is not difference in power? Does one give better low end? Thanks
If it does it would not a noticeable at all, I think you have a good intake, I am actually thinking about that one myself because i am going to be attending school in sacramento and since it rains and floods a lot i dont want to hydrolock, so short ram in the rainy season and CAI in the summer:woot:

·
Very Inspired
1,069 Posts
If it does it would not a noticeable at all, I think you have a good intake, I am actually thinking about that one myself because i am going to be attending school in sacramento and since it rains and floods a lot i dont want to hydrolock, so short ram in the rainy season and CAI in the summer:woot:
actually, i dont think you have to worry about hydrolock. Cause with the cais on the 7th gen accord, its sitting way to up high.
for example, on my old car (mazda mx-6) the cai is sitting well below on the car where the water can get into it easily

but for the accord, the filter is sitting well and above high enough that it sits where the stock intake resonator is.

·
303 Posts
actually, i dont think you have to worry about hydrolock. Cause with the cais on the 7th gen accord, its sitting way to up high.
for example, on my old car (mazda mx-6) the cai is sitting well below on the car where the water can get into it easily

but for the accord, the filter is sitting well and above high enough that it sits where the stock intake resonator is.

Are you sure that it would be okay even with 5-6 inches of water?
Because i really want an aem v2 but i want a running engine even more.:help:

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
Uhh you probably should not be driving in 5-6 inches worth of water ANYWAY, but I have the INJEN RD CAI, and Im in NY, I'm pretty sure we get way worse weather yearly here, including heavy rain in the summer and heavy snow in the winter, I have gone through plenty of large puddles, etc. and have not once had an issue in almost 3 years. Also, the weather/splash guard is there so the filter is not just exposed to the elements, the only way even a slight amount of water could get in is through the small slits in the fog grills, and even then, its minimal and evaporates before it even gets to the throttle body. AKA You have nothing to worry about. And with the car pretty frekain low, with my bumper cover off I have about a 12-15" from the very bottom of the filter to the ground.

·
303 Posts
Uhh you probably should not be driving in 5-6 inches worth of water ANYWAY, but I have the INJEN RD CAI, and Im in NY, I'm pretty sure we get way worse weather yearly here, including heavy rain in the summer and heavy snow in the winter, I have gone through plenty of large puddles, etc. and have not once had an issue in almost 3 years. Also, the weather/splash guard is there so the filter is not just exposed to the elements, the only way even a slight amount of water could get in is through the small slits in the fog grills, and even then, its minimal and evaporates before it even gets to the throttle body. AKA You have nothing to worry about. And with the car pretty frekain low, with my bumper cover off I have about a 12-15" from the very bottom of the filter to the ground.
You are a saint, you just changed my mind, now im definately getting the v2, especially since i have an 06 so my fog grill is a solid piece, that leaves nothing to chance.:D

·
Very Inspired
1,069 Posts
ya what 05av6 said. unless you plan on lowering your car all the way to the ground with 0-1 inches of clearance, then i guess that would be a problem

1 - 19 of 19 Posts