Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need something for 6thgen V6...preferably a reliable well known brand...CAI or SRI either will be fine...will need to be shipped to me....just let me know wat u guys have and some pics would be great...doesnt have to have a filter but all other parts need to be there...thanks guys...

·
ExSlammed Club Member #52
1,454 Posts
I have the brand name oem v6 intake, lol, if you want it? I know you want an aftermarket one though. I thought Id post anyway. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mista jc the second link is one to this thread...
unique and 98blackwidow send me some prices with shipping and maybe some pics...thanks guys...

·
A n g u s D e i
1,828 Posts
Well if you don't live in CA, CARB legal doesn't mean squat right? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

The only thing that makes AEM and InJen 'CARB' legal is their filters. If you think about it.. piping doesn't matter (in terms of.. material, unless it's the V2). it's the filter. Since you don't live in CA.. you can just get a generic piping and a brand name filter.

Save yourself some extra cash. I'm selling mine.. that first link that mista jc posted. SRI + CAI piping, so you can switch off whenever, from Short Ram to Cold Air.

·
1,454 Posts
itchthys said:
Well if you don't live in CA, CARB legal doesn't mean squat right? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

The only thing that makes AEM and InJen 'CARB' legal is their filters. If you think about it.. piping doesn't matter (in terms of.. material, unless it's the V2). it's the filter. Since you don't live in CA.. you can just get a generic piping and a brand name filter.

Save yourself some extra cash. I'm selling mine.. that first link that mista jc posted. SRI + CAI piping, so you can switch off whenever, from Short Ram to Cold Air.
What is wrong with the v2 ? :confused:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nothing the design is different for better performance and such...thats why it makes a difference than others that are just straight pipe...

·
1,454 Posts
00blackedaccord said:
nothing the design is different for better performance and such...thats why it makes a difference than others that are just straight pipe...
Oh....thanks. I thought he meant something was bad about it. :)

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
anyone got a video/audio clip of the aem v2? just curious to hear how it sounds vs my aem sri, i know audio quality makes a diff tho

·
Registered
58 Posts
Actually, it's neither the filter or piping. It's the fact that AEM and Injen and the big name brands pay up the big bucks to get their stuff certified. That's why they cost more.

Much like organic foods. There are a lot of small farm companies that sell real organic foods but they don't have the dough to pay to get certified to have the "USDA Organic" label on their packages.

All the cost just ends up with the consumer paying more for the certified products. Of course quality may vary from brand to brand but it just boils down to who pays up.

itchthys said:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts