Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had recently put on the TL wheels on my 7th gen sedan and went to the dealership to have my oil changed. The service guy came to me and told me the tires/rims are NOT compatible for my vehicle!!!. He also stated it would VOID ANY warranty on the ABS components and WILL NOT pass inspection due to size incompatibility. Anybody else run into this with the TL wheels? :confused:

·
Registered
406 Posts
I saw a car that was parked in the honda parking lot that came with TL wheels, it was a 2004 accord sedan.. brand new,

·
Registered
1,136 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Just like everyone else said, go somewhere else.

·
Registered
77 Posts
The problem those guys are having with your wheels probably is generated from the fact that you are running the 04 TL wheels(17"x8") with a 235/40r17 tire, right? they are full of crap, go somewhere else...There will be no adverse affect on anything to do with your braking system...I was thinking of those rims also, if I keep a 17"

:burnout:

Good Choice

·
Registered
820 Posts
i put the stock 05 TL rims on my car and personally i think they don't look good. only reason i got them is cuz i got a good deal on 'em and i needed new tires on my stock 6 speed rims anyways.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
go back...act stupidfied/scared when they tell you that...then ask how much they'll charge to switch back to your stocks =P

·
The Poker KING
612 Posts
^lol, that'll be funny

freakin jackasses.

·
User #4002
1,283 Posts
arom said:
I had recently put on the TL wheels on my 7th gen sedan and went to the dealership to have my oil changed. The service guy came to me and told me the tires/rims are NOT compatible for my vehicle!!!. He also stated it would VOID ANY warranty on the ABS components and WILL NOT pass inspection due to size incompatibility. Anybody else run into this with the TL wheels? :confused:
Yes it would VOID ANY warranty on the ABS components since it is aftermarket rims..

It should pass STATE inspections because
no-one checks size incompatibility... (I could be wrong)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts